Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a great Quality Assurance Engineer do?
You'll be part of the winning team of software quality assurance professionals responsible for ensuring the highest standards of application quality and performance. Working in a fast-paced Agile environment, you will work with JAVA web applications and AWS Microservices to ensure quality at all stages of development. Focusing on application usability, robustness, and performance you will help build the account origination solutions of tomorrow and serve as the voice of the customer. We are look for test professionals with automation programming skills who can create scripts and frameworks to assist the manual testing process. Working as an individual contributor you will analyze product development design, define test approaches, build and maintain test scripts, execute functional and regression tests using both manual and automated test suites, and collaborate with other functional teams. This hands-on role will provide the opportunity to deliver the next generation of lending and account opening products using the latest technologies and automation frameworks to drive quality and excellence.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you can look forward to:
- Serving as a the “voice of the customer” in evaluating quality by providing input into product design and usability with the goal of improving overall delivery quality
- Being part of a cohesive lean Agile team, reviewing and contributing to user stories to identify acceptance criteria, while building test scripts (manual and automated) to validate criteria
- Developing, applying, and maintaining quality standards for Digital Lending and Origination product suites. Conducting all phases of software testing including planning, unit, functional, integration, system, regression, and user acceptance testing
- Collaborating with product owners, business analysts and software engineers to verify and validate requirements and business use cases. Scripting, modifying, and executing automated and manual test scripts to ensure deliverables meet functional design specifications and requirements
- Identifying, documenting, triaging, and reporting on software defects across multiple product teams
- Installing, scaling, configuring, and maintaining automated testing frameworks and test suites
- Implementing, executing, and debugging automated UI and API level automated test scripts using the latest technologies and testing tools
- Collaborating with fellow QA automation engineers and management to develop test automation best practices and to drive continuous quality improvement
- Authoring detailed test plans and test cases from business requirements
- Assisting in developing best practices and framework for load and performance testing
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's in Computer Science, Business, Finance or related fields preferred
- 2+ years QA, BA and/or development experience working with fast paced software development teams with an in-depth understanding of software development life cycle methodologies
- 2+ years QA Automation and/or experience programming or using scripting languages (Java, Ruby, Python, C#, or C++), executing manual and automated tests against REST APIs, UI/UX web based applications, Microservices or equivalent experience testing front end, middle-ware, or back end systems
- Ability to build detailed test plans and test scripts (manual and automated) from business requirements
- Experience using test case management and defect management tools such as Confluence, JIRA, ALM, qTest or MTM
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong team player attitude, keen attention to detail, and a passion for problem solving
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, manage multiple tasks and to manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to set up test environments and test beds
- Ability to document and track defects, as well as produce detailed reports
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Finance, or other related degrees. Willing to consider High School Diploma with prior QA experience in lieu of college degree
- Experience writing SQL queries or using other query languages
- Experience in banking, lending, credit and debit transactions, or other financial related fields
- Experience creating automated test scripts using Cucumber, Serenity and/or Selenium
- Exposure to automation framework technologies (Git, Jenkins, and Maven)
- Industry Certifications in Quality Assurance from ISTQB, CST or CSTA
- Experience with performance, load and/or security testing (Fortify, LoadRunner, Visual Studio)
- Experience or industry certifications in Agile methodology
- Experience with merchant integrations and credit card payment processing (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover)
Travel required: up to 10%
Who We Are: We are the Account Opening/Purview Team, part of the Digital Lending Organization (DLO) business unit. We work to deliver a seamless experience for the customers of credit unions, banks, lenders, and third-party entities. From originating different types of loans, document generation, background, certification, and credit checks, DLO products allows financial institutions to create, populate, update, and track loans and deposit account openings all the way to funding and closing.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.