Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a successful Web Developer do?
As a Web Developer for the Precision core, you will work with a highly motivated and capable team of product designers, product managers and engineers to deliver and support a state of the art user interface. You will translate requirements and conceptual designs into a high quality, visually appealing and intuitive user interface. You will own the front-end components and drive continual expansion, reuse and improvements of those components while producing clean, secure, testable, maintainable, reusable and well-documented code. You will optimize applications for performance, scalability, security, and user experience and continually discover, evaluate and implement new tools to maximize developer efficiency. All of this will be done using Agile development methodologies and DevOps practices.
In this role, you can look forward to:
As a Web Developer, you’re the kind of person who is detail oriented and thrives on producing results that are easy to understand and easy for end customers to use. You’ll be open to new ideas and like to think outside of the box. You’ll be driven to see your team succeed without focusing on getting credit. You’ll work alongside of your teammates – not against them. You’ll quickly implement suggestions from the client base to ensure that we are delivering what clients really want and not just what we think they want.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Experience architecting, designing, building, implementing enterprise business solutions
- Successful track record of analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Must be able to understand the IT needs of businesses and design solutions that cater to such needs.
- Work independently and prioritize time and projects appropriately
- Think out of the box to come up with creative solutions to customer issues
- Handle multiple projects effectively while continuing to deliver exceptional quality
Job Related Experience:
- years of experience with application development
- Understanding of design principles and user interface guidelines
- Solution or framework-independent understanding of these core competencies is preferred
- Experience with front-end component libraries such as Bootstrap, Foundation or SemanticUI
- Strong understanding of Graceful Degradation and Progressive Enhancement
- CSS Preprocessor experience, understanding of CSS Modules and CSS-in-JS approaches is a plus
- Understanding of Flux and Unidirectional front-end architectures, Redux and Redux Middleware
- Experience with ReactJS, VueJS or Angular
- Front-end build processes using GulpJS or Webpack
- Proficiency leveraging data from various sources including…
- JSON Rest APIs and experience parsing XML
- Single Page Application state management leveraging browser storage and in-memory databases
- Understanding of CORS and JSONP requests
- Experience with promises and using APIs like Fetch, Bluebird and Axios
- Understanding fundamental differences between MVC vs. Flux (uni-directional) front-end architectures is a plus
- Familiarity with WCAG 2.1 Accessibility Standards (A, AA, AAA) required. Familiarity with Section 508 standards a plus.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
- Experience with Agile Methodology (Scrum) and associated tools such as JIRA/Confluence
- Disciplined approach to development including quality, testing, and documentation
- Influence, challenge, and defend technology decisions, not just execute static requirements
- Great communication, collaboration, teaming, self-management, and organization skills
- Analytical skills in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly develop working relationships• Personally motivated to excel in assignments, continuously self-educate, and mentor other team members
- Assertive, with the confidence to voice issues/roadblocks and provide insights across the team
- Brings a high-energy, positive, and passionate outlook to the role with a sense of ownership
Although not part of your normal activities, this position may occasionally require travel.
In a world moving faster than ever before, Fiserv helps clients deliver solutions in step with the way people live and work today – financial services at the speed of life. With 40,000 associates, we help more than 12,000 clients worldwide create and deliver solutions to enable today's consumers and businesses to move and manage money with ease, speed, and convenience. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the eighth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with commercial solutions for our financial institution clients. We deliver comprehensive bank platforms and value-added products and services for community, mid-tier, and large financial institutions. We offer flexible technology solutions that enable financial institutions to quickly align to customers' expectations. With a modular approach to delivery, financial institutions can preserve platform investments while delivering both updated functionality and a consistent experience across channels.
From understanding consumer and business needs based on the latest research, to analytics and advisory services that help identify growth opportunities in retail and commercial banking including deposits, lending, treasury and payments and much more, we help clients delivery the services their customers need.
Fiserv spans the needs of financial institutions and provides innovative, comprehensive, and quality solutions to the market.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.