Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Built to deliver innovation through simple, fast integrations, the Commerce Hub is the most powerful omnichannel platform. With developer-friendly, flexible communication standards, unified APIs, and pre-certified integrations the Commerce Hub reduces development time and accelerates speed to market.
A true single-entry point and intelligent orchestration layer means you now have access to the latest, most popular commerce experiences through your existing infrastructure. With less ongoing maintenance and fewer operational costs, you can focus on creating new ways for consumers to discover and interact with you.
The team is focused on delivering best in class value added services to our merchant clients while utilizing cutting edge technologies to assure high frequency low latency transaction processing capabilities. With our bolt on service architecture, we provide the infrastructure for sandbox based extensible reporting, fraud detection through the use of customizable risk rules, cloud based solutions that emphasize machine learning algorithms.
What does a great Software Development Engineer do?
This is a full time SDE position reporting to a hands-on technical lead on high demand growingapplications in support of Commerce Hub infrastructure. Developers work in small, focused agile teams with a high degree of autonomy and constant opportunities to participate in product, user experience, technical and architectural design. Developers are involved for the full software lifecycle from design, development and testing all the way through demonstration, training and production go-live.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Designing and maintaining large-scalelow latencyapplications
- Developing and enhancing micro services forvalue added services such as fraud prevention and data modeling
- Interact with the product management team in understanding requirements and provide estimates, high level design and detailed design for product and customer enhancements.
- Assist in establishing coding, software design approaches and standards and following them.
- Designing and developing core extensions to an innovative application frameworkas well as implement technology solutions from the ground up.
- Meet customer commitments in delivering high quality code on or ahead of schedule
- Staying up to date with technology advancement and ensure our product technology stack is optimized for strategic growth.
- Being a team player with ability to collaborate idea sharing in strong product setting.
- Adhering to Agile Sprints, Delivery Framework, and SDLC best practices.
- Displaying strong verbal and written communication, with ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Delivering cloud based solutions that provide services closer to client datacenters.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineer or related field
- Strong hands-on experience in designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for transaction based systems while delivering high-availability, zero downtime and fast performance.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in modern Java tech stack including Spring framework, Boot, micro services etc
- Very strong with data structures, algorithms, threading models, concurrency package java libraries.
- Knowledge of messaging infrastructure concepts, serialization usage/utility and asynchronous event driven software design.
- Knowledge of http message protocols, request/response object intercept and data massaging.
- Well versed in CI/CD concepts and tools such as Maven, Jenkins, etc.
Experience in automated testing, mock frameworks, virtual services and performance testing.
- Experience on creating unit test using JUnit, Mockito
- Kafka and Cloud experience a plus
- Payment Industry Experience
- Any certifications are a plus.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.