Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a great Director of Software Development do?
At Fiserv, our technology engineering leaders bring an open and creative mindset to developing our clients' solutions. We're looking for engineering leaders who can work collaboratively and have experience in a range of technologies. These leaders define solution architecture plus have the tenacity and attention to detail to work through complex problems.
Our environment consists of modern APIs, micro-services, third-party integrations, and cloud infrastructure. You will interact with leading financial institution clients, product managers, and software engineers to envision, design, and build innovative product and technology solutions supporting large scale solutions. You will lead and influence agile teams of engineers developing talent, ensuring high quality and innovation are in place to help our clients' businesses.
In this role, you can look forward to:
• Being a technology application owner and building cutting edge software for adjustment processing and dispute resolution applications.
• Developing long term strategies and roadmaps to meet business needs.
• Leading multiple teams in supporting and executing their plans to deliver high performance systems.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 5+ years of current experience leading global engineering teams in delivering resilient, scalable, data intensive technology solutions.
• 10+ years hands-on software development experience designing, writing, debugging, and testing object-oriented code.
• Experience in the day-to-day practicalities of Agile/Scrum software delivery methodologies.
• Experience with modern application and database design, performance tuning, and optimization.
• Experience with coding techniques contributing to the reliability, maintainability, readability, simplicity, performance, and testability of software.
• Experience with:
o SQL and database platforms Oracle or SQL Server
o RESTful APIs, XML and JSON technologies
o One or more web application servers with a preference of JBOSS
o Java development
• Experience working with modern CI/CD delivery pipelines.
• Experience working with complex IT environments, including networking, databases, security, and performance.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to travel up to 15%.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Financial/banking/payments sector experience is an advantage
• Dispute processing and adjustment applications experience a plus
• Experience with database design, performance tuning, and optimization
• Experience with Cloud Foundry/Azure
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.