Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Are you looking for a new opportunity to grow in your career as a software engineer? Do you want to work for a global leader in financial services and technology? Does the idea of being a part of projects that impact millions of people across the world every day excite you?
Find your future at Fiserv!
At Fiserv, our technology engineering leaders bring an open and creative mindset to developing our clients' solutions. We're looking for engineering leaders who can work collaboratively and have experience in a range of technologies. These leaders define solution architecture plus have the tenacity and attention to detail to work through complex problems.
Our environment consists of modern APIs, micro-services, third-party integrations, and cloud infrastructure. You will interact with clients of leading financial institutions, product managers, and software engineers to envision, design, and build innovative produce and technology solutions supporting large scale solutions. You will lead and influence agile teams of engineers developing talent, ensuring high quality and innovation are in place to help our clients' businesses.
- 7+ years of current experience as a member of engineering teams in delivering resilient and high-volume technology solutions built in Java/J2EE.
- Recent experience working with teams delivering with Java/Spring Frameworks, Spring Boot
- Minimum 5 years hands-on software development experience building RESTful API's including JSON over HTTPS.
- Messaging Architectures including Kafka, MQ and ESB technologies.
- Experience with various database technologies including both relational and non-relational implementations (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experienced in the day-to-day practicalities of Agile/Scrum software delivery methodologies
- 7+ years hands-on software development experience designing, writing, debugging, and testing object-oriented code.
- 5+ years working on high volume transactional systems including performance tuning.
- Experience with database design, performance tuning, and optimization.
- An advanced understanding of pattern languages & software algorithms.
- Advanced knowledge of coding techniques contributing to the reliability, maintainability, readability, simplicity, performance, and testability of software.
- A high level of proficiency working with modern CI/CD and DevSecOps practices.
- A solid understanding of complex IT environments, including networking, databases, security, and performance.
Preferred Skills (Not mandatory, but previous experience in some of these would be a big plus):
- Financial/banking sector experience is an advantage
- Cloud Migration (Azure/PCF/Openshift/AWS)
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with file transfer technologies (NDM/ConnectDirect/IBM FileGateway)
This role is required to be performed on-site. You may have the opportunity to work a hybrid schedule, which generally requires you to be in the office a majority of the time.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.