You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a Senior Software Development Engineer do?
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will communicate with project managers, clients, and other developers to design cohesive project strategies and ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment.
- Manage daily support and maintenance and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving mission requirements.
- Maintain a flexible and proactive work environment to facilitate a quick response to changing project requirements and customer objectives and innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully.
- Develop customized solutions within the platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements, and company goals.
- Involved in requirement gathering & analysis, followed by Design, Review, Coding, Unit Testing and Implementation of various projects.
- Solution Analysis and Design: Understanding and documenting detail design documents on how current application and enhancement will meet requirements.
- Understand the design of Data solutions including DB schema and report architecture.
- Creating detailed documentation for Business Stakeholders to elaborate the functional requirements.
- Lead the knowledge sharing sessions where team and management shares ideas and new features of the product.
- Product testing: Once the solution has been implemented he is also responsible for validating all the product features are as per the business requirements
- Being detail oriented, analytical and using your problem-solving skills.
- Analyzing, designing, implementing, and supporting production business applications.
- Using strong verbal and written communication, with your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Support and Maintain Client Reporting platform environment Inbound and outbound files.
- PL/SQL: Creation and maintenance of PL/SQL packages, functions, and stored procedure
- Database Schemas: Manage the migration of database changes from one environment to another.
- Developing in Java, PERL code
- Developing on Snowflake, Jethro and/or Oracle DB.
- Bachelor's degree with 8 years of experience in applicable field OR Advanced Degree in applicable field with 6 years of relevant experience.
- 8+ years experience in Oracle DB schema design, development, analysis, mapping and documenting applications
- 8+ years of Oracle PL SQL and SQL Server experience
- 2+ years of Java web development in JDBC.
- 3+ years of experience in XML technologies.
- 2+ years of DB2 and Oracle database and SQL development.
- 2+ years of experience in payment processing platforms.
- 4+ years of Experience in Exadata appliance with multiple versions X4, X5, X6 and ZFS file systems.
- 3+ years of experience in Oracle 18c and Oracle 19c
- 4+ years of experience in Data normalizations strategies and data encryption strategies.
- 1+ year of experience in Jethro Database
- 3+ years of experience in Oracle OLTP database design and implementation.
- Operating Systems Experience with proficiency in UNIX shell scripting.
- Experience in relational database concepts
- Database and SQL statement tuning
- Data modeling and/or database design experience
- Data warehousing experience with business intelligence and/or ETL tools
- Experience working with source control tools like GIT
- Experience in Linux or UNIX development.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 10%
Learn more about Fiserv:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.