Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Design & Development:
- Designs and Develops complex computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on user defined requirements.
- Writes code, programs, tests, and analyzes new application software for complex changes
- Ensure that First Data’s development methodologies are documented and world class and standards are followed
- Independently drives production incidents to satisfactory completion
- Manages incident and ticket ageing and ensure their resolution within committed timelines
- Conducts daily meetings with stakeholders and address concerns appropriately
- Is able to work in shifts and act as an escalation point for any critical production incidents/releases
- Provide estimates for BAU change requests
- Create and submit dashboards/reports as required
- May lead a small technical team to design and develop releases/projects and is responsible for delivery to time, budget & quality
- Able to manage a team of vendor resources and ensure optimal utilization
- Mentors and trains junior resources and provides quality reviews and guidance
- Should have a strong techno-functional knowledge of Vision PLUS cards (Major in any of two subsystem – CMS, FAS, TRAM, ITS, VLS, ASM, MBS, SSC,CTA subsystem)
- Associate with TRAMS/FAS as major must have worked on scheme compliance.
- Must have strong Mainframe technical skills (CICS/COBOL/JCL).
- Must have strong understanding to CA tools – Control-M,CA-VIEW, CA-SYSV.
- Strong experience in Mainframe environment, must be adept in TSO, ISPF, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, Endevor, Easytrieve
- Familiarity SNA, Frame relay and TCP/IP is desirable
- Knowledge of file transmission tools FTP, Connect Direct and CyberFusion is plus
- Work on batch as well as online programs.
- Strong analytical skill and problem solving skill, very good in review.
- Follow standards and controls to ensure quality of outcome
- Develop technical documents for the application
- Perform application support as necessary.
- Understanding of tool like remedy and ITSM.
Strong communication skills
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.