Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Success Profile Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Our developers are encouraged to be extremely creative. They’re thinking about design and user interface and decide how to create experiences that delight the customer when they log on.
Wade F, CIO, E-Payments
We’re looking for the most innovative people -- those who work with technology all the time, especially as a hobby. We want engineers that have built their own servers, used a raspberry pi kit, or have played LAN games. Because of our size and industry dominance, we have every opportunity that a developer would want. We are working with the newest versions of cutting edge technologies. Fiserv has so many opportunities. You can’t lose.
Will Casey, Manager, Application Support Engineering
Our associates may work purely as product developers working on multi-tenant platforms, maturing them over time by adding new features, getting rid of technical debt, and advancing technologies. This is the area where the most creativity and innovation takes place.
Eric Drudge, VP Technical Product Development
Fiserv Industry Awards & Recognition
Learn about the exciting kudos we receive for providing our customers with industry leading solutions, our associates with an outstanding culture, and the marketplace with a brand to envy.Learn More
Fiserv is a FORTUNE 500 company with a start-up feel. Learn about the benefits building products in a culture that values an entrepreneurial spirit and supports you with real resources.Watch Video
Benefits & Well-Being
Health / Medical / Vision
Standard for all associates
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Health and Wellness
Programs that help promote a positive work environment
Flex Time / Working Arrangements
Work from home full/part time, virtual opportunities & more
To encourage associate professional development
Recharge & Refuel
A time off policy that encourages you to maximize well-being
The Software Engineer will work in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirement gathering, application design, system development, testing and implementation. The Dovetail Payment Services Hub is built on a 100% Java EE platform supplemented with extensive Dovetail frameworks. The Software Engineer must be capable of producing high quality code, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role liaises with project managers, lead developers, business analysts, and may also include some client interaction.
- Develop Java code that meets design and architectural requirements and supports system testing.
- Understand the impact of changes across the application.
- Operate effectively, and with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and escalate issues effectively
- Discuss aspects of the design with architects, team leads and business analysts to check understanding and raise concerns
- Improve and maintain existing application software, continually providing support for internally developed applications
- Accurately communicate development status on a regular basis to team leads
- Assist the production support team in defect analysis
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
We are looking for an individual who has the extra level of dedication to succeed despite obstacles and challenges, and a positive attitude favoring achievement of goals. The successful candidate will be resolved to produce software of the highest quality through self-discipline, clear and engaged communication. You will possess a high level of dedication in carrying out the Company’s vision, mission and values.
- You will have 3 plus years real-world professional experience in server-side Java development including the Java EE technologies (JDBC, EJB, and JMS), and Structured Framework experience (Struts)
- Working knowledge of XML and related technologies such as JAXP, JAXB, and XPath
- Experience in developing Java EE applications on WebLogic or WebSphere
- You will have a background in relational databases and experience with applications that utilize relational databases
- General knowledge of SQL
- Experience with multidimensional databases and the MDX query language.
- Ability to apply advanced software programming to solve complex business problems.
- Must be detail-oriented, deeply organized, and will have exceptional writing and interpersonal skills to establish relationships and work with all levels internally and externally.
- Demonstrated record developing successful applications that are highly integrated and reliable
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of the Financial, banking sector, specifically Payments Systems highly preferred
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar.
Who We Are:
Enterprise Payments Solutions provides best-in-class payments and liquidity management solutions that enable banks to simplify their infrastructure and deliver effective digital transformation. Solutions are available on premise or in the cloud, scalable up and down, across functional and volume needs and offer unrivalled customer and segment personalization. All are based on a single real-time architecture, providing flexibility for a bank in setting the pace of its modernization. Leveraging the continuing investment from Enterprise Payments Solutions and its world-leading client base, banks can rapidly achieve a measurable return on investment, increase strategic agility and operational excellence, optimize total cost of ownership and ensure regulatory compliance.
Dovetail solutions are underpinned by a strong track record of delivery excellence and a team of talented and trusted professionals who provide sector expertise and thought leadership. This drives Enterprise Payments Solutions’ reputation as highly professional, long term partners for global and local clients.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.