Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Success Profile Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Our developers are encouraged to be extremely creative. They’re thinking about design and user interface and decide how to create experiences that delight the customer when they log on.
Wade F, CIO, E-Payments
We’re looking for the most innovative people -- those who work with technology all the time, especially as a hobby. We want engineers that have built their own servers, used a raspberry pi kit, or have played LAN games. Because of our size and industry dominance, we have every opportunity that a developer would want. We are working with the newest versions of cutting edge technologies. Fiserv has so many opportunities. You can’t lose.
Will Casey, Manager, Application Support Engineering
Our associates may work purely as product developers working on multi-tenant platforms, maturing them over time by adding new features, getting rid of technical debt, and advancing technologies. This is the area where the most creativity and innovation takes place.
Eric Drudge, VP Technical Product Development
Fiserv Industry Awards & Recognition
Learn about the exciting kudos we receive for providing our customers with industry leading solutions, our associates with an outstanding culture, and the marketplace with a brand to envy.Learn More
Fiserv is a FORTUNE 500 company with a start-up feel. Learn about the benefits building products in a culture that values an entrepreneurial spirit and supports you with real resources.Watch Video
Benefits & Well-Being
Health / Medical / Vision
Standard for all associates
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Health and Wellness
Programs that help promote a positive work environment
Flex Time / Working Arrangements
Work from home full/part time, virtual opportunities & more
To encourage associate professional development
Recharge & Refuel
A time off policy that encourages you to maximize well-being
- What does an outstanding Sr. Software Developer do?
- Are you passionate about building leading solutions that have the potential to transform our industry? If you’re the kind of person who works well in a client-focused team environment, then we would love to see you apply!
- You will be a member of an agile, multi-functional team producing commercial software.
- You will participate in modern software practices such as test-driven development, pair programming, automated unit, integration, system and performance testing and continuous integration, delivery and deployment.
- You will devise continuous improvements and innovate software delivery through new technologies and technical approaches
- You will code, unit test and fix defects in software features and deliver them within agreed timescales
- You will identify and address technical debt
- You will review code and/or pair program
- Your team will collaborate, and you will directly contribute your ideas on the design and estimation of new product features
- Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Minimum 3 years working as a software engineer with knowledge and experience in the development of HP Nonstop systems
- Knowledge of Guardian Operating system, including FUP, SCF, NETBATCH, PATHWAY
- Experience working in languages like C, TAL, COBOL, SCOBOL, TACL
- Knowledge on ATM, POS switch ISO 8583 message and its supported cards and transaction types
- Experience and knowledge of Test Driven Development, including using automated test frameworks
- Familiar with deployment and configuration of ATM hardware and software (Diebold, NCR, Nautilus Hyosung, Wincor etc.)
Card Services from Fiserv provides complete Debit, Credit and ATM payment services to financial institutions as well as Accel®, a premier Fiserv payments network. The bulk of Card Services solutions are centered on partnering with FIs to provide end to end debit/credit transaction processing solutions. Card Services is a significant contributor of profit and growth within Fiserv. This business unit partners with over 3,200 financial institutions. Card Services authorizes and settles transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, and provides nationwide switching of EFT transactions. It has processed over 14.6 billion transactions in 2016, and handled $3.5M+ in commerce during the busiest minute that year. Card Services supports ~20,000 ATMs and ~66M cardholder accounts. Card Services also owns the Accel debit payments network, which is accessible at ~3.6 million point-of-sale locations and 412,000 ATMs in all 50 US states, US territories, and Canada.
Who we are:
Fiserv is the global leader in information management and e-commerce systems for the financial services industry. The Financial Crimes development group serves over 1,000 customers across the world, including some of the largest financial institutions and banks. We are responsible for developing and delivering enterprise software for the detection and prevention of fraud and money laundering.
Join Us! Fiserv has been named to FORTUNE® magazine’s 2018 list of World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the fifth consecutive year the company has been named to the list, which is a definitive benchmark of corporate reputation.
"Our people are the foundation upon which this recognition is based and I'm very proud of their commitment to client excellence. Their dedication to serving our clients each day is what makes Fiserv one of the most admired companies in the world." - Jeffery Yabuki, President and Chief Executive Officer
Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global provider of information management and electronic commerce systems for the financial services industry, providing integrated technology and services that create value and results for our clients. Fiserv drives innovations that transform experiences for more than 14,500 clients worldwide, including banks, credit unions and thrifts, billers, mortgage lenders and leasing companies, brokerage and investment firms and other business clients.
- $1.2 Billion free cash flow
- Record free cash flow and 32nd consecutive year of double-digit adjusted EPS growth
- Fortune’s Most Admired Company, 5 years in a row since 2014
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.