Java Application Support Analyst, Senior
What does a great Senior Technical Operations Analyst do?
As a Technical Operations Senior Analyst, you will assume a key role in the day-to-day operations of the Technology Operation group within Card Services’ IT Operations. A hands-on candidate, you will be responsible for working with a team of associates and contractors, assigned projects, on-call escalations, service continuity and requests for immediate production or client assistance. In addition, you will work closely with product strategy, development and the technology groups to develop processes and operating procedures: monitor and triage problems, support the technology roadmap and address technology debt. This is a high performance culture and you must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently and quickly in supporting critical systems.
- Hands-on Java application support responsible for providing production and technical support.
- 24x7 support of production applications on a rotating basis, and participate in resolution of escalated incident calls.
- Oversee and ensure the integrity of production systems on a day-to-day basis to ensure uninterrupted services and SLAs are met.
- Responsible for, configuration management, continuous integration (CI), static and dynamic code analysis, deployment and application monitoring.
- Automate and evolve infrastructure, server, deployment strategies and testing to support and quick turnaround of deployments.
- Maintain and/or create technical support documentation.
- Maintain the Development, Test, QA, Disaster Recovery and Production Environment with regards to upkeep of application functionality.
- Perform code installations working with development and Quality Control to monitor and validate successful implementation or fallback. When fallback occurs, perform post mortems to identify root cause (RCA).
- Continuously improve our infrastructure to be easy to deploy, scalable, secure and fault-tolerant.
- Participate in capacity planning, tuning systems stability, provisioning, performance, and scaling of the application infrastructure. Perform trending and analysis of problems; anticipate problems and develop risk mitigation plans for continuous improvement.
- Works with Change Management/ Release Managers on the evaluation of change events and in planning items for production deployment Perform code installations working with development and Quality Control to monitor and validate successful implementation or fallback.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- High School/GED Diploma
- UNIX/Linux Java development support, shell scripting, and Oracle operations is required with experience troubleshooting of production applications within lower and upper multi-tier environments.
- 5 years of experience in application development and/or production support
- Experience in Agile and DevOps environments and cultures.
- Must have full life-cycle development experience in a technology driven environment, preferably in financial services and/or banking
- Strong technical experience with Unix/Linux, Apache, and either WebSphere, WebLogic, Jboss
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle Golden Gate
- Experienced with Webservices (SOAP/REST/JSON/AMQP/XML)
- Experience with SQLPLUS, Oracle , shell scripting, Sed, AWK,
- Strong understanding of multi-tier architecture and infrastructure configurations
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related discipline
- Highly proficient in all aspects of Couchbase database and sync-gateway administration including Configuration, Database Security, Backup & Recovery, Replication, DB performance troubleshooting, and Advanced Tuning.
- Experience transitioning teams to an Agile Framework is a definite plus.
- Experience leading a production support team
- Certifications: Knowledge of ITIL production support best practices
- Familiarity with common networking practices
- Analytical problem solving skills to solve complex problems and independent judgement to identify problems and recommend solutions
Who we are:
With more than 1,200 associates in nine primary locations, Fiserv Card Services authorizes and settles point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, provides nationwide switching of debit, credit, prepaid and ATM transactions, and owns the Accel® Network. We provide clients with proven solutions to maximize profit, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.
Card Services by the Numbers:
1+ billion debit, credit, and ATM transactions processed
28,000 ATMs managed
50+ million accounts managed
Our debit network is accessible at 3.6 million point-of-sale locations and 535,000 ATMs
Handled $1+ million in commerce in our busiest minute this year
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More