Director, Technical Operations
What does a great Director, Technical Operations do?
Looking for an individual who has experience with strategic and tactical leadership for leading the production support team that supports the Debit and Credit platforms for Card Services.
Core areas of responsibility include:
- Scale: 24/7 production support for critical commercial applications.
- Accountability: ownership for several core and ancillary systems, leading 100M+ daily transactions.
- Visibility: cross-functional collaboration with various groups throughout the division and enterprise.
- Change Agent: process improvement and strategic initiatives.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for recruitment, retaining, mentoring and building a top-notch team within Operations.
- Maintain the 24/7 health of the technology platforms including HP Nonstop, Unix/Linux, Wintel, Oracle, MS SQL, JBoss, Weblogic environments.
- Experience with Cloud, Hybrid cloud, PAAS, IAAS environments and technologies.
- Develops and implements a Technology Operations & Support Service strategy for the platforms supported that aligns with the mission and goals of IT Operations as a whole.
- Champion the process improvement initiatives across Enterprise Technology Operations and the business to ensure that optimum customer service is obtained.
- Lead application and system walk-through of technical and operational features, functions and attributes as participant/leader of project teams.
- Lead team of technical experts at varying levels and from multiple disciplines in the trouble-shooting, identification and correction of system and application errors.
- Maintain performance metrics for critical business applications.
- Provide leadership and team support, managing critical issues.
- Document standard operational procedures.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 10+ years of related business experience, with a ability to navigate matrixed organizations to facilitate system optimizations which maximize enterprise architectural standard methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience driving a technical team through the design and execution of a DevOps driven support organization.
- Experience developing and leading global teams and follow the sun support models.
- Extraordinary verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- Superb client service skills with both creative and analytical mind-set.
- Mature disposition and personable; able to work well within teams across continents/time zones.
- Highly reciprocal, yet able to function well independently.
- At least 2 years of deep experience in DevOps and Agile environments in a leadership role.
- Experience with transformation, system integration or conversions is highly preferred.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Agile, adaptable mindset that enables effective complex problem solving and understanding the trade-offs between the ideal solution and pragmatism
- Good social leadership and communications skills – from the leadership and management of employees to managing C-Suite and board level discussions on technology investments
- Comfortable in Agile and DevOps environments.
- Solid understanding of storage, network and compute technologies in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple teams in the delivery of complex projects
- Previous experience creating and documenting processes and procedures
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects, and prioritize team workload and issues.
- Strong business and financial acumen
Travel required: Occasional business related travel, likely not more than 20% on average, may be necessary. Frequent or extended travel required during initial training period, depending on previous experience and familiarity with Fiserv Card Services’ teams, products, and applications.
Who We Are:
Join Us! Fiserv has been named to FORTUNE® magazine’s 2018 list of World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the fifth consecutive year the company has been named to the list, which is a definitive benchmark of corporate reputation.
"Our people are the foundation upon which this recognition is based and I'm very proud of their commitment to client excellence. Their dedication to serving our clients each day is what makes Fiserv one of the most admired companies in the world." - Jeffery Yabuki, President and Chief Executive Officer
Fiserv Card Services provides complete debit, credit, and ATM services to financial institutions as well as Accel®, a premier payments network. Our products, services and strategies allow our clients to maximize revenue, increase customer acquisition, improve retention, reduce expense, minimize risk and increase share of wallet. You will be part of our Digital Consumer Experience team responsible for developing and delivering API solutions to our clients and their partners enabling best-in-class financial services.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More