Business Systems Analyst, Advisory
What does a great Business Systems Analyst do?
As a Business Systems Analyst you will be a key member of the Internal Application Portfolio Product Management Team (PMT) with the opportunity and responsibility to design and develop best of breed solutions. You will work as the main interface between the Card Services Business and Technology teams, as well as across different Portfolios. You should understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and formulates a solution to meet the requirements while fitting into the capabilities of our systems and resources. Do you thrive in a dynamic, committed, and autonomous environment? If you are the kind of person who loves collaborating with other to formulate meaningful technical solutions, then we would love to see you apply.
You can look forward to:
- Analyzing and validating Business Requirements/Needs and turn them into functional solutions through the Agile process.
- Defining, analyzing, evaluating and crafting your solutions to meet technology and business needs.
- Translating your business requirements into specific functional solutions, process flows, data flows, message data mapping, User & System Interface designs, Business Rule definitions, Use Case specifications, software and infrastructure component definition, etc.
- Collaborating with our Systems Architect(s) and SMEs to develop high-level solution designs.
- Preparing your EPIC deliverables by analyzing requirements, constructing diagrams, studying system capabilities, and writing specifications.
- Coordinating the technical solution across several technology portfolio teams in an Agile organization.
- Working with third-party vendors during design to ensure coverage of the business needs and compliant integration to meet our requirements.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor Degree from a 4-year college or university in the area of Systems/Technology or Associate Degree with meaningful work experience in financial systems may be substituted.
- 5+ years of experience in financial technology systems required.
- 5+ years Agile experience required.
- BA/Requirements Management skills along with high-level Technical Design and solution skills, and thus it requires technical breadth and/or depth. While the role requires some traditional BA skills, it leans more towards the traditional Systems Analyst duties. Design experience needs to be evident.
- Experience in formulating technical solutions and leading an Agile development teams towards that solution.
- Knowledge in the Card industry helps -- High level understanding of debit and credit products and services, and the business and technical processes used to enable those products and services.
Who We Are: With more than 1,200 associates in nine primary locations, Fiserv Card Services authorizes and settles point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, provides nationwide switching of debit, credit, prepaid and ATM transactions, and owns the Accel® Network. We provide clients with proven solutions to maximize profit, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.
Card Services by the Numbers:
- 3,200+ clients
- 1+ billion debit, credit, and ATM transactions processed
- 28,000 ATMs managed
- 50+ million accounts managed
- Our debit network is accessible at 3.6 million point-of-sale locations and 535,000 ATMs
- Handled $1+ million in commerce in our busiest minute this year
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More