You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv.
About the business and the role
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so our customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world.
As a FORTUNE™ 500 Company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the 8th consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
What does a great System Engineer do?
The engineer will be responsible to lead complex projects and issues within the functional technical area and cross-functional area and collaborate with various business units. Besides coaching and leading IT staff with less experience, the engineer will lead projects, recommend strategies for technical aspects of projects as well as broad system improvements.
Ideally, you are an experienced Linux/AIX Engineer with knowledge in WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, AIX, Linux (RHEL & Oracle Linux) configuration and support.
- Install, Configure & Support Linux/AIX- Automation/Hardening/Monitoring/Backup
- Security Configuration – Manage system security on the servers - PCI DSS 3.2
- Establish network configuration and communication
- Involvement and participation in the coordination and resolution of application, operating system, database, and network issues at a technical level
- Perform application system level installs and upgrades and tuning of hardware as required
- Maintain change control procedures
- Advise on capacity planning for systems growth and application sizing
- Support disaster recovery strategy
- Implement system backup and application servers for test, production environments
- Ensure Fiserv's existing systems continue to operate efficiently through ongoing activities and recommendations
- Participate in activities and provide recommendations to ensure capacity planning for the Server environment
- Ensure capacity planning for the server environment through activities and recommendations
- Developed technical writing skills (systems/network proposals)
Skills & Attributes:
Evaluate, Recommend, Configure, Install, Administer and Support the Companies Server OS/Middleware which consists of:
- Linux – RHEL/Oracle Linux –Advanced
- AIX – Advanced
- Middleware – Advanced
- Apache Tomcat
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networks
- Experience with different network components (switches, routers, firewalls, etc..)
What is in it for you?
- A dynamic career packed with growth & future mobility opportunity within the organisation
- Joining a leader in Financial Technology
Our Talent Acquisition colleagues will be in touch with the shortlisted applicants. You have our assurance that all applications will be treated with the highest confidentiality.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Unique Suite of Solutions
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.