Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a great Sr. DevOps Engineer do?
The Infrastructure and Operations Engineer will be responsible for leading and coordinating Infrastructure and business projects from a technology perspective, ensuring that infrastructure development activities are consistent with the direction set by best practices and standards at First Data.
The candidate will also be an escalation point of contact for application support issues, and is required to be able to handle challenging issues related to supporting various applications and systems. Participation in an active on-call rotation is vital to maintaining acceptable levels of service delivery for clients.
The candidate will also perform as a release manager and is responsible for overseeing the coordination and facilitation of the release process, deployment, testing, to guarantee smooth and timely delivery of software products. The Release Manager oversees the day to day aspects of the integration and flow of development, testing, deployment, and support of the applications.
- Provide support for the efficient resolution of IT infrastructure related incidents, service requests and update service desk management systems accordingly.
- Responsible for responding to application support escalations which involve troubleshooting technical issues and resolving data/configuration issues
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams across disparate groups to resolve client support escalations
- Create/Maintain documentation for operational procedures as required
- Provide after-hours and on-call support for client service delivery
- Create and maintain Continuous/Integration and Continuous/Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines to automata deployments.
- Create and maintain our applications in a Cloud Computing environment using AWS, Apigee PCF, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to review software enhancements and provide design feedback
- Collaborate with peers on complex projects as required (e.g. data center modifications, build-out for DR sites.)
- Serve as a liaison between infrastructure operations and the vendors to address performance issues or problem analysis and see them through to resolution
- Coordinate performance analysis, recommendations, and improvements within the hosting infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to translate Business/Technical requirements into High level and Low Level Design documents.
- Demonstrated ability to determine and document complex software or system functional specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to Gather requirements in close cooperation with Product and other non-technical staff
- Review, implement and support Enterprise Security solutions including Web Service Security, SSL Mutual Authentication.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Hands on experience in Systems Architecture/ Application Integrations/ Application Support/ Application Deployments.
- Proven experience with Software Configuration Managements and DEVOPS tools (GIT, Jenkins, Sonar)
- Experience with SDLC, Agile development and Waterfall methodologies
- Hands on experience in UNIX & shell scripting.
- Proven experience implementing web services and web service interfaces using WSDL, XSD, XML, SOAP/REST frameworks and technologies
- Strong user/admin experience with Linux/Unix command line
- Strong experience with monitoring systems such as Splunk, App Dynamics.
- Expertise in networking protocols, networking and routing strategies
- Expertise in reviewing, implementing and supporting Enterprise Security solutions including Web Service Security, SSL Mutual Authentication.
- Expertise in Web & Application servers including JBoss and Apache
- Experience with Cloud technologies IaaS, PaaS, AWS (highly recommended)
- Experience with Mobile Payments (highly recommended)
Who We Are: Fiserv’s Universal Commerce (uCom) enables commerce to follow consumers across omni-channel devices, including mobile phones, connected cars, and IoT devices. By providing connectivity to otherwise disparate merchants – such as automakers and gas stations, or restaurants and sports venues – uCom effectively bridges the gap between digital and brick-and-mortar commerce, powering a frictionless consumer experience while allowing businesses to maximize their footprint in the digital world.
Fiserv’s uCom safely and securely enables payments, through any channel, and is compatible with a wide array of payment methods. The solution also enables frictionless payment experiences like order-ahead, pay-at-the-table, pay-at-pump, scan and go, delivery and pickup, in-car ordering, loyalty payments, and more.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.