Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Success Profile Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Our developers are encouraged to be extremely creative. They’re thinking about design and user interface and decide how to create experiences that delight the customer when they log on.
Wade F, CIO, E-Payments
We’re looking for the most innovative people -- those who work with technology all the time, especially as a hobby. We want engineers that have built their own servers, used a raspberry pi kit, or have played LAN games. Because of our size and industry dominance, we have every opportunity that a developer would want. We are working with the newest versions of cutting edge technologies. Fiserv has so many opportunities. You can’t lose.
Will Casey, Manager, Application Support Engineering
Our associates may work purely as product developers working on multi-tenant platforms, maturing them over time by adding new features, getting rid of technical debt, and advancing technologies. This is the area where the most creativity and innovation takes place.
Eric Drudge, VP Technical Product Development
Fiserv Industry Awards & Recognition
Learn about the exciting kudos we receive for providing our customers with industry leading solutions, our associates with an outstanding culture, and the marketplace with a brand to envy.Learn More
Fiserv is a FORTUNE 500 company with a start-up feel. Learn about the benefits building products in a culture that values an entrepreneurial spirit and supports you with real resources.Watch Video
Benefits & Well-Being
Health / Medical / Vision
Standard for all associates
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Health and Wellness
Programs that help promote a positive work environment
Flex Time / Working Arrangements
Work from home full/part time, virtual opportunities & more
To encourage associate professional development
Recharge & Refuel
A time off policy that encourages you to maximize well-being
What does a great QA Engineer do?
Your responsibilities will include developing and implementing our comprehensive testing strategy for Dovetail’s product portfolio against delivery schedules. This role liaises with Dovetail project and engineering teams to develop, to define and write test plans, cases, results matrices, and validation plans. You will be performing functional analysis, crafting test scripts, and executing tests in an integrated J2EE environment. You will need to be inquisitive and creative in your approach on how to improve quality and you are innovative in your thought process, with the ability to think of alternative solutions to various problems. You will possess a high level of dedication in executing the Company’s vision, mission and values.
You will demonstrate quality assurance leadership throughout the entire development life-cycle, including requirements gathering, development, manual and automated testing, and post-delivery test support. You'll also partner with development, product, release, and project management to understand business and system requirements to execute and deliver results following quality processes and guidelines.
In any day you could expect to carrying out the following tasks:
- Review and analyze requirements and technical documents, where available, by implementing and conducting formal requirements walkthroughs/inspections.
- Learn, master and eventually take ownership of the internally developed test automation framework.
- Develop and execute test plans, test cases and scripts for technical testing.
- Define the scope and test approach/strategy for system, integration, data integrity and document the same.
- Perform end to end and technical testing, coordination with various teams as needed.
- Design manual UI test cases for system testing and document them in test management tool.
- Define, build, and maintain test data sets and reusable test data libraries.
- Log, track and handle issues throughout their life cycle using JIRA.
- Run test environment usage, including coordinating with the release management and admin teams, for all changes to the test environment during test execution (e.g. new code builds, patches, upgrades, etc).
- Facilitate test meetings with system, development staff and business throughout to coordinate reviews, planning, and execution.
What experience we expect you will bring with you:
- Working knowledge of Java and J2EE fundamentals
- Strong data testing – SQL database query tools
- Ability to create, design, and execute comprehensive and air-tight manual and automated tests plans, and automating regression test suites
- Experience with defect tracking applications (JIRA preferred)
- Familiarity testing within an Agile development environment desired.
- Excellent knowledge of quality assurance principles, techniques and tools.
- Proven oral and written interpersonal skills to work with all levels internally and externally.
- Possesses a positive, reliable, and flexible attitude.
- 3 to 5+ years of QA experience.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Knowledge of the Financial, Banking sector, specifically Payments Systems would be helpful
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar
Who We Are:
We provide premier payments and liquidity management solutions that enable banks to simplify their infrastructure and deliver effective digital transformation. Solutions are available on premise or in the cloud, scalable up and down, across functional and volume needs and offer standout customer and segment personalisation. All are based on a single real-time architecture, providing flexibility for a bank in setting the pace of its modernization. Using the continuing investment from Enterprise Payments Solutions and its world-leading client base, banks can rapidly achieve a measurable return on investment, increase strategic agility and operational excellence, optimize total cost of ownership and ensure regulatory compliance.
Dovetail solutions are underpinned by a consistent track record of delivery excellence and a team of hardworking and trusted professionals who provide sector expertise and thought leadership. This drives Enterprise Payments Solutions’ reputation as highly professional, long term partners for global and local clients.
Fiserv is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.