Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a great Quality Assurance Engineering Advisor do?
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work on functional and regression testing of our Gateway Services products. You will work independently with senior management and technical groups globally.
Utilization of business, functional and/or technical expertise is needed to effectively develop and execute the test strategy and planning activities.
You will work with multiple programs/systems on projects of moderate complexity and serve as a project team member.
Your responsibilities include:
Functional: Develop and execute formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications. Lead and participates in test planning and quality review sessions. Oversee the writing of test cases/scripts. Testing may include application, network, system, regression and user acceptance testing. Participate in daily calls as needed for appropriate hand on testing.
Technical: Perform testing activities to include: planning, design, scripting, execution, debugging and reporting tasks. Monitor and execute automation test activities for large sized projects. Works with Technical and Business groups to define the scope of testing required. Researches new tools and testing approaches, and executes upon/monitoring the implementation of such items. Post test execution activities, include error debugging, reporting needs and internal and external communications.
Basic Qualifications for consideration:
- Minimum 8-10 years of related technical experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications. Technical: Extensive knowledge of information systems elements (hardware, software, and network) and their application to business functions/processes.
- Knowledge of testing tools, database concepts and MS Office.
- Firm understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and methodologies such as Agile /Scrum.
- Hands on experience testing APIs, RESTful/JSON web services.
- Must have test automation experience using tools such as QTP/UFT, JMeter, Selenium Web Driver/TOSCA
- Informed and cognizant of the key processes in the business and the business rules that impact the development and/or implementation of information systems.
- Drives continuous improvement through all processes, including but not limited to, team standards, test planning, resourcing and test execution, as well as debugging, metric collection, and reporting.
Preferred skills, experience and education:
- Experience with payment industry applications a plus.
- Merchant Payment Processing – authorizations at either point-of-sale or Card-Not-Present (eCommerce/digital), clearing & settlement systems, merchant on-boarding, merchant reporting, fraud/security analytics.
- Payment Processing for Financial Institutions, specifically for debit cards, loans and/or credit card systems (new accounts, plastics, letters, notifications, preferences, parameter controls, payments, sales, account updates, memos, rewards, fraud, statements, collections, authorizations, chargebacks/retrievals, merchants, settlement, etc.) Financial services with high-volume, large-scale processing and reporting.
Who We Are:
As Gateway Services QA team our primary testing coverage includes functional and regression testing of our Gateway Services products. Additional responsibilities include; automation of initial manual scripting, performance testing, testing tools support and reporting of test metrics. We leverage leading technologies and processes to achieve comprehensive test coverage and release level reporting. Our products range from internal-facing as well as end consumer facing or business-oriented applications.
Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer!
In order to protect our Fiserv community, Fiserv requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Fiserv complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.