Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Success Profile Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Our developers are encouraged to be extremely creative. They’re thinking about design and user interface and decide how to create experiences that delight the customer when they log on.
Wade F, CIO, E-Payments
We’re looking for the most innovative people -- those who work with technology all the time, especially as a hobby. We want engineers that have built their own servers, used a raspberry pi kit, or have played LAN games. Because of our size and industry dominance, we have every opportunity that a developer would want. We are working with the newest versions of cutting edge technologies. Fiserv has so many opportunities. You can’t lose.
Will Casey, Manager, Application Support Engineering
Our associates may work purely as product developers working on multi-tenant platforms, maturing them over time by adding new features, getting rid of technical debt, and advancing technologies. This is the area where the most creativity and innovation takes place.
Eric Drudge, VP Technical Product Development
Fiserv Industry Awards & Recognition
Learn about the exciting kudos we receive for providing our customers with industry leading solutions, our associates with an outstanding culture, and the marketplace with a brand to envy.Learn More
Fiserv is a FORTUNE 500 company with a start-up feel. Learn about the benefits building products in a culture that values an entrepreneurial spirit and supports you with real resources.Watch Video
Benefits & Well-Being
Health / Medical / Vision
Standard for all associates
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Health and Wellness
Programs that help promote a positive work environment
Flex Time / Working Arrangements
Work from home full/part time, virtual opportunities & more
To encourage associate professional development
Recharge & Refuel
A time off policy that encourages you to maximize well-being
PS team is responsible for the delivery of mobile banking solutions to our clients. Delivery includes pre-sales support, gap analysis, project management, branding, development of improvements and extension, localization, integration, quality assurance, and deployment.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Development: Perform software development in accordance with the technologies, guidelines, and standards prescribed by the company. Consult to understand the Mobile Solutions Software Development Lifecycle. Design and develop complete features. Review and critique technical specifications and test plans.
- Building Talent: Provide proactive line management, mentoring and feedback to line reports via regular one-to-one meetings, and report back to management team. Contribute to HR practices/processes, including training, recruitment, selection, onboarding and performance management. Dedicatedly identify any skills shortages or training requirements with the team of line reports, and facilitate the up skilling and development of same.
- Code Quality: Identify and raise awareness of inconsistencies in specifications and implementation. Participate in code reviews to find opportunities to ensure compliance with corporate guidelines and improve the quality of the team’s output.
- Problem Solving: Independently identify the root cause of problems; identify and implement solutions to these. Demonstrate strong problem solving ability for the team. Tackle problems in a manner which is re-usable and applicable across multiple projects.
- Task Management and Completion: Supervise small teams/individuals and assign tasks as required. Build tasks based on technical specifications and give accurate work and task estimates.
- Documentation and Knowledge Sharing: Create high quality documentation (including technical design documents) that meets the needs and expectations of stakeholders. Contribute to the continuous improvement of company reference material (e.g. Wiki, Developer Q&A, and Training Modules).
- Previous Team Lead / people management experience preferred including mentoring and team/personal development.
- +5 year hands-on software development experience designing, writing, debugging and testing object oriented code; and demonstrated understanding of software development patterns and their application in several programming languages.
- Minimum 5 year hands-on software development experience writing iPhone downloadable mobile applications.
- Minimum 3 year hands-on software development experience writing Android downloadable mobile applications.
- An advanced understanding of common computer programming algorithms and object orientated design principals.
- An advanced of coding techniques which contribute to the reliability, maintainability, readability, simplicity, performance, and testability of software.
- A solid understanding of IT environments including networking, server technologies, databases, security and performance.
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology or Computer Sciences.
- Experienced in the day-to-day practicalities of Software Development Lifecycles such as Scrum, Waterfall or the Rational Unified Process.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
Preferred Qualifications: Microsoft Certified Professional Developer or Oracle Certified Java Programmer preferred.
Travel Required: Up to 10%.
Who we are Find Your Forward at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 company, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 23,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with deep expertise and a dedication to innovation. We have an exceptional team and we would love to hire someone who is looking for a fun, collaborative, dynamic environment where hard work is rewarded and recognized.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.
- Apply using your legal name
- Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.