You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 24,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company honored by FORTUNE Magazine as a Worlds Most Admired company 6 years running.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
I am about to complete a decade working at Fiserv and have grown from a Customer Service Associate to a Project Management Team Lead traversing through diverse roles. This was only possible because Fiserv cares for its associates, recognizes employee potential and offers mobility and growth options. I truly feel proud to be associated with an organization that invests in its employees relentlessly and provides a fertile ground to bloom one’s career.
Mrinal, Project Management Analyst
When you think of all of the real-life applications of the financial services, you pay your bills online, through your mobile phone, and you send money through your phone. When I’m online and doing my bill pay, it is so pleasant to recognize a real Fiserv product in a customer’s hands. It’s so fun knowing that you’re involved in helping to bring that service to life.
Schnell, Lead Pricing Strategist
As a product marketer, a lot of my responsibility is around the go-to-market activities of a new or existing product. Our goal is to increase awareness of the product; make sure that we’re educating our clients about the value, why they should get it, how is it going to help their end-users. We attend tradeshows, produce collateral, brochures, PowerPoints and anything we need to enable our sales team to talk to clients about our products. Developing these solutions really helps us think outside of the box and expand ourselves beyond what we thought we could do or even come up with. Seeing it all come to life is very awesome and impactful.
Shirra, Director, Product Marketing
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
About the Role
The candidate for this senior position will assume a key role in supporting of Back-Office batch and file transmissions responsibilities within the Card Services organization of Fiserv. The primary focus is to provide development and technical support, rotating on-call, project participation, and continuity support for the Back-office settlement and batch production applications. The candidate will also lead detection and troubleshooting of issues that affect delivery of our services across multiple platforms: a solid understanding of shell scripting, Linux/Unix environment, and Oracle database operations is required. Familiarity with Windows.
You must keep pace with rapid changes in the environment, transaction volume, system performance and be on constant vigil looking for emerging issues; this is a high performance culture and the candidate must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently and quickly in a high pace environment. You will be measured on the quality of production changes, timeliness of incident resolution, skill and speed of triage, monitoring and interpretation of alerts, and successful completion of projects or assigned tasks
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Batch and File Transmission development resource who can provide 24x7 support of production applications on a rotating basis, and participate in resolution of escalated incident calls
- Hands-on resolution of all technical issues within lower and upper environments and making recommendation for performance and capacity improvements
- Point of escalation for customer support to diagnose and resolve customer issues
- Review turnover artifacts to ensure completion prior to executing production installs
- Develop statistical metrics for short and long term production performance monitoring
- Participate in assigned projects and communicate status, issues and risk
- Provide all tasks and detailed estimates to project managers, review and approve design documentation to ensure an understanding of business logic and technical solution being implemented
- Works with Change Management/ Release Managers on the evaluation of change events and in planning items for production deployment
- Perform code installations working with development and Quality Control to monitor and validate successful implementation or fallback. Document installs defects and assigns severities to the problems that occur. When fallback occurs, perform post mortems to identify root cause (RCA).
- Perform trending and analysis of problems; anticipate problems and develop risk mitigation plans for continuous improvement
- Ensures monitoring alerts and system events are assessed, prioritized, and worked aggressively
- Support Disaster Recovery tests and live recovery drills
- Maintain and/or create technical support documentation
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of IT experience with background in Shell Script development or operations support with hands-on experience in setting up file transmission environments: NDM; SFTP; PGP.
- Minimum of 5 years in support of a transaction processing Internet application or Internet Banking
- Must have full life-cycle development experience in a large financial services firm, preferably in Card Services and/or banking
- Experience in Oracle, shell scripting, job schedulers (Autosys), Connect Direct
- Experienced in Networking, Linux, Unix, NDM, SFTP, PGP, Oracle, SQL Plus, SQL Queries construction, Shell Scripting, Job Schedulers (Autosys), ITIL, firewalls, load balancing
Skills and Knowledge preferred:
- Knowledge of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) production support best practices
- Hands-on knowledge of Oracle, and using Sqlplus to form and execute structured queries
- Experienced in Agile and DevOps environments and cultures. Familiarity with Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, or similar tools
- Familiarity of common networking practices: firewall and load-balancing 201
Who we are Find Your Forward at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 company, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 23,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with deep expertise and a dedication to innovation. We have an exceptional team and we would love to hire someone who is looking for a fun, collaborative, dynamic environment where hard work is rewarded and recognized.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.
•Apply using your legal name
•Complete the step-by-step profile and attach your resume (either is acceptable, both are preferable).
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.