Business Systems Analysis, Analyst
Find Your Forward as a Business Systems Analyst at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 member, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 22,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in our industry with deep expertise and a commitment to innovation. We support our team with a collaborative work environment that values leadership and new ideas. Our Business System Analyst team thrive on this environment to build the solutions that power more than 13,000 banks and businesses worldwide.
What does an extraordinary Business Systems Analyst do?
In this role, you’ll help build the technology responsible for our core services. Your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are authorities in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s.
As a Business Systems Analyst Sr level, you will play a key role within the Architect Implementations team by working, supporting, and leading business analysis activities during the project cycle. This includes driving internal and client facing discussions for requirements definition for base configurations and customization's of an internet banking platform.
You possess the ability to:
- Ensure efficiency and accuracy through high quality analysis and documentation.
- Work with clients, professional services project team members, and product managers to document detailed requirements that capture our clients’ needs and meet their expectations.
- Prepare documentation for implementation customizations.
- Confirm with the client if requirements are in sync with signed contract.
- Point of contact for implementation team to clarify requirements and provide guidance during development phase.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Drive requirements gathering sessions in onsite project meetings. Work with multi-functional client partners to complete application worksheets and customizations scoping.
- Collaborate with the client and professional services engineers to define requirements related to online banking configurations and customizations. This includes scoping solutions, documenting workflows, developing estimates, and validating solutions.
- Understand customer’s goals and business needs to clearly articulate solution configurations and customization workflows to partners.
- Understand the prospect’s current state, the people, and the teams involved as well as the key metrics and technical capabilities needed and the impact on business unit and/or customers. Be able to translate, map, and communicate any known gaps resulting from making the transition from current to future state.
Basic requirements for consideration:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology preferred, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 4 plus years of experience in applying principles and practical application of business analysis.
- Experience with client-facing software development and/or systems integration projects required.
- Knowledge and experience of project lifecycle methodologies.
- Ability to accurately gather, analyze and document requirements, identify and define problems, and make recommendations for resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to deliver high quality communications and documentation to clients and internal partners.
- Ability to research and propose solutions to meet customer requirements, develop and deliver high quality solution requirement and specification documentation.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with and influence other functional areas.
- Analytical skills with ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel.
- Ability to identify, collect, and analyze business requirements.
- Familiar with Credit Union account processing systems
- Previous work experience related to internet home banking applications is a plus.
Travel Required: Maximum 25%
Who We Are:
The Digital Banking Group provides industry-leading products and services for online and mobile channels to help financial institutions drive deeper relationships and more effectively compete in digital transformation. Digital Channels develops creative online banking and mobile banking solutions for financial institutions of all sizes with a mission to deliver easy and compelling digital financial management and money movement systems. Using in-depth research, user experience design, and industry standard methodologies, the Digital Banking Group’s online banking and mobile banking solutions are ranked as the top solutions in the market and embraced by some of the largest and most creative financial institutions.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More