Security Analyst, Senior - Third Shift
This role is third shift at Fiserv.
11pm to 7am Tues through Saturday
What does a great Security Analyst, Senior do at Fiserv?
You’ll work in our SOC and provide positive individual contributions in the implementation, operations and support of enterprise security solutions in a global, multi-datacenter environment.
You’ll provide technical security incident response, operations and leading client experience. Additionally, you’ll develop, maintain and advance the security posture of the company in order to adequately protect Fiserv assets. You’ll manage and enhance the effectiveness of current security tools and applications including network, application and database firewall infrastructure; web content filtering technologies; VPN/network gateway infrastructure; security XML firewalls; corporate security policies. You’ll create procedures to protect information systems’ assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction. No two days will be the same as you also provide reports as requested to management regarding the effectiveness of network and data security, and make recommendations for the adoption of new policies, procedures and technologies. The ideal candidate will have experience and direct knowledge of managing security infrastructure in large complex global multi-datacenter environments.
YOU’RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO HAS:
- Knowledge of security best practices and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to provide support in resolving IT security or related product issues as required.
- Team-oriented outlook and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Ability to interpret technical needs and provide thorough and complete support.
- Effective communications, interpersonal, strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organized, keen attention to detail, and efficient.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
ADDITIONALLY YOU HAVE:
- Supported incident management processes and security monitoring alerts in preventing internal / external hackers from compromising Fiserv’s data and assets.
- Supported new and existing security solutions and partner with the security engineering team for the implementation and integration of any new enhancements made to existing security solutions in support of improving overall enterprise security.
- Ensured security tools and solutions hardware/software/devices are operating effectively and updated in a timely manner.
- Developed and maintain operating guidelines and procedures in support of Fiserv’s policies, standards and guidelines.
- Used appropriate and effective measures to respond to network security alerts.
- Understands the latest hacker techniques and propose appropriate countermeasures, configurations and awareness.
- Worked with members of all BU and ETG staff to support the enterprise approach to security.
- Ensured the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through enterprise networks.
- Performed ticket queue monitoring, resolution and prioritization, maintain diagrams and documentation as appropriate and support firewall rule set reviews, auditing and maintenance activities
QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Risk Management or high school diploma/GED with relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT Security or related area with a focus on security tool technology, security management and policy enforcement
- Prior experience with network security & related applications, tools and solutions
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a large complex Checkpoint firewall environment
- Deep understanding of network routing and switching architecture, design and troubleshooting
- Experience supporting 24x7x365 high availability solutions in large complex data center environments
- Technical product training and certifications, network hardware and application security training and/or certifications.
- Checkpoint VSX and Provider 1 experience (required)
- Networking knowledge (required)
- Familiarity and/or comfortability with Linux/Unix commands (required)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Crossbeam experience preferred
- Palo Alto /Panorama experience preferred
- VMWare NSX experience preferred
- Cisco ASA experience / Juniper Firewall experience a plus
- Scripting – Bash or Python preferred
- VPN troubleshooting preferred
- Imperva Database, Web Application firewall and XML firewall exposure
- Arcsight exposure
- Splunk exposure
- Strong understanding of OSI layers 2, 3, & 4
- SSL Certificate experience
- Proxy / Threat Management Gateway experience
Find your next career step at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 member, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 23,000 associates around the world, we're pushing the boundaries of what's possible in financial services with deep expertise and a commitment to innovation. We support our team with a collaborative work environment that values leadership and new ideas. Members of our team thrive in this environment to build the solutions that power more than 13,000 banks and businesses worldwide.
In this role, you'll help lead the technology responsible for our core services. Your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are authorities in the field, working to evaluate and improve today's systems while building tomorrow's.
FISERV IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DISABILITY/VET
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More