You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great Enterprise IT Architect do?
Core Role Expectations:
- The Enterprise IT Architect will be responsible for enterprise-wide strategy formulation, vision implementation, operational tasks, cost, and risk management.
- Leads/directs projects and resources and has full responsibility for their outcomes. Plans and conducts assignments involving the larger and more important projects and resources. Oversees the progress of project goals and may oversee the outcomes of others simultaneously; evaluates results. May act in liaison with other departments, divisions, and organizations. Operates with latitude for unreviewed actions and/or decisions.
- Evaluates progress and results and recommends major change in procedures.
- Provides leadership through the assessment and analysis of complex data, theory, and application of practices.
- Delivery of Open Systems solutions to our internal and external partners and clients.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background; versed in many facets of Open Systems technologies and solutions. The candidate should possess a self-directed work ethic with demonstrated ability to work with internal and external teams of various sizes.
As anEnterprise IT Architect, you will:
- Investigate technologies and solutions which help the team achieve deliverables and results.
- Keep abreast with risk and vulnerability reports and working towards developing solutions that are aligned with industry compliance standards.
- Work with internal and external clients to understand, elicit and define functional and non-functional application requirements.
- Work with business process analysts and technical leads to derive conceptual designs and solutions.
- Assist project managers with sizing estimate and work-breakdown-structures.
- Develop and unit test software within teams of varied size and geographical distributions.
- Benchmark and load test developed modules and integrated applications.
- Assist quality assurance team in the conduct of solution testing.
- Documenting software specifications and requirements.
- Work with infrastructure teams to define and establish application environments and implementation of software application.
- Provide post-implementation support for developed software applications and solutions.
- Work with vendors and solution partners of integrated components to resolve implementation and/or operational issues.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related
- Minimum 10 years of experience with at least 5 years in Enterprise Architecture Roles
- The Resource needs to have Micro Focus 3.0 or higher, Linux, RedHat implementation experience.
- Implementation of Legacy Mainframe/Cobol applications in Micro Focus is highly desired
- Knowledge of General Open System / Distributed systems platforms
- Knowledge of Cobol Applications is desired
- Ability to traverse through multiple data formats xml, Jsons etc.
- Experience in developing and implementing Restful APIs
- Good understanding of Network ports/Transfer protocols.
- Ability to process/analyze large amounts of data and logs.
- UI and Backend Development experience nice to have but not required.
- Prior Experience with First Data/Fiserv in Micro Focus / Flex environments is nice to have but not required.
- Experienced in structured and agile development methodologies.
- Experienced in load testing and benchmarking tools such as JMeter, LoadRunner, etc.
- Experienced in Linux-based database technology and versed with stored procedures.
- Experienced in web services developments using XML, SOAP, JSON.
- Experienced in intermediate administration of Linux systems (preferably RedHat Enterprise Linux). Having strong knowledge of command set and are able to perform applications/packages installation, configuration, and maintenance of services.
- Experienced in setting up and configuring key Linux server services like: HTTP/S server, LDAP server and NFS servers.
- Knowledge of application security setup using common security standards like SSL, TLS, secured ciphers, etc.
- Working experience in the setup and maintenance of Micro Focus Enterprise Server. Having development experience of field solutions for MFES will be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of networking concepts and common networking apparatus.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies, in particular VMware, vSphere.
- Experienced with software versioning control using GIT, BitBucket and SVN.
Preferred Skills for Consideration:
- Knowledge in JBOSS, WebSphere MQ, Python, Windows' Batch and PowerShell.
- Knowledge in OS and application monitoring suite.
- Prior experience working on bank related products and architectures.
Travel required: Up to 25%
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.