Client Technical Support Engineer, StaffJob ID R-10077411 Date posted 03/21/2017 City Charlotte State/Region North Carolina Country United States Additional Locations Remote, Alabama; Remote, Arizona; Remote, Arkansas; Remote, California; Remote, Colorado; Remote, Connecticut; Remote, Delaware; Remote, District of Columbia; Remote, Florida; Remote, Georgia; Remote, Idaho; Remote, Illinois; Remote, Indiana; Remote, Iowa; Remote, Kansas; Remote, Kentucky; Remote, Louisiana; Remote, Maine; Remote, Maryland; Remote, Massachusetts; Remote, Michigan; Remote, Minnesota; Remote, Mississippi; Remote, Missouri; Remote, Montana; Remote, Nebraska; Remote, Nevada; Remote, New Hampshire; Remote, New Jersey; Remote, New Mexico; Remote, New York; Remote, North Carolina; Remote, North Dakota; Remote, Ohio; Remote, Oklahoma; Remote, Oregon; Remote, Pennsylvania; Remote, Rhode Island; Remote, South Carolina; Remote, South Dakota; Remote, Tennessee; Remote, Texas; Remote, Utah; Remote, Vermont; Remote, Virginia; Remote, Washington; Remote, West Virginia; Remote, Wisconsin; Remote, Wyoming
Find Your Future at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 company, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 22,000 associates around the world, we are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with our expertise and a commitment to innovation.
At Fiserv, you’ll find a collaborative environment that values teamwork and open-mindedness. Our unique combination of expertise and innovative spirit helps us deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and businesses worldwide. We’re helping more businesses move money faster and more easily than ever before. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Future with us.
As a member of the Client Technical Support team you will be responsible for supporting the needs of Financial & Risk Management Solutions (FRMS) business clients worldwide with daily and after hours production support. Our clients are Financial Institutions (FIs) or ASP providers that utilize Fiserv check image capture processing products and services. As a member of the Client Technical Support team you will be in client facing position with direct interaction with client technical, operational, product and management resources. You will be the client advocate responsible for understanding the client’s workflows and usage of Fiserv products/services. You will work closely with various internal departments to resolve client issues with daily and after hours production support.
- Provide accurate information and quality technical service support to incoming client, sales and account management inquiries related to application issues.
- Support is provided during established hours, that includes both normal weekday business hours and after hours including weekends.
- Research client inquiries/issues utilizing company resources and document client conversations, information, questions, corrective action/answers, and product orders in the tracking application.
- Independently track and resolve problems by researching client provided data and working with other internal departments. Follow through on issues by placing outgoing calls to retrieve additional information or returning calls to offer information regarding resolution or workarounds.
- Practice continuous product and service quality improvements by providing on-going client root cause analysis and interpretation of data through interface with internal department and management teams.
- Meet or exceed required performance KPIs that enhances client experience and release quality.
- Participate in a culture of continuous educational and knowledge growth.
- Maintain current knowledge of Fiserv products and upgrades by reading product and technical documentation, contributing to client/product workflow testing, leading client checkpoint calls.
- Collaborate with delivery and quality assurance teams across the business to deliver business value.
- Strive to foster a professional and productive team environment by working with others to achieve the goals of the team and department. Demonstrate a strong work ethic and cultivate trust in establishing positive work relationships departmentally and corporate wide.
- Assist in application scoping by offering advice and insight into quality assurance efforts.
- Participate with engineers and other technical resources as member of the project team throughout the development lifecycle, both on-shore and off-site.
- Participate in functional and technical meetings, representing support in a SME role, from the beginning of the project through the entire life cycle for on-going Product CPT Deliverables.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 3 -5 years of relevant client support work experience.
Additional Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent client service skills and ability to multi task and support the needs of multiple clients simultaneously, following up with clients.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work and communicate to all levels of management and clients.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively under pressure and time constraints.
- Willing to work after hours and weekends if/when necessary during critical issues and escalations.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written/verbal) skills, time management, decision making and organizational skills.
- Previous experience in banking or financial payment systems is preferred, with a focus on knowledge of check capture processing from capture to output (i.e. client support, production, image capture, consolidation, X937 output, etc.)
- Working knowledge of internet based or mobile payment solutions.
- Prior production support or client service experience.
- Prior work experience in a matrix organization and/or virtual support teams
- Knowledge of Agile methodology.
- Development experience or knowledge of Java, Servlets, JSP, C+.
- Knowledge of application servers (WebLogic or WebSphere).
- Experience or working knowledge of relational databases (DB2 or SQL server).
- Knowledge or experience with ServiceNow.
- Up to 10-15% when necessary.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv.