You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does an outstanding Project Manager, Senior do?
As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for the planning, implementation, and managing ongoing operations within the Government Professional Services organization.
Fiserv is contracted through the California Department of Technology to provide the Department of Motor Vehicles a secured, end-to-end, future-proof solution that expands DMV’s payment acceptance capabilities, enabling credit card acceptance, integrated check and debit card environment with the scale to add more alternative payment options.
As the Senior Project Manager, you will provide oversight of the project efforts within the portfolio of products and solutions. You must be comfortable operating in an environment where scope, deliverables, responsibilities, and expectations are not always defined. As a self-starter, you will have the ability to adapt to the client’s environment in order to achieve desired results.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving complex, high priority, projects or component phases of larger programs. You will be Accountable for delivering projects on time, within budget, and within scope. Responsibilities include consulting, account management, project management, client satisfaction, people management, strategic planning, and new business development. The Project Manager duties may include, but are not limited to, the following.
You can look forward to:
- Leading and coordinating cross-functional, cross-departmental, cross-company teams that are responsible for all aspects of a project, from initiation to closure.
- Monitoring project status, risks, activity, and resource dependencies, and providing accurate, timely reporting and corrective measures.
- Successfully managing projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Following appropriate project management methodologies, project delivery processes and implementation management processes, to include managing and driving 1) Project Schedule, 2) Risk and Issue Management, and 3) Scope Change Management.
- Providing project budget management, including understanding and validating estimates, cost variance tracking and managing project resources effectively.
- Providing clear and concise project communication, both written and verbal, and within the context of presenting.
- Developing comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinates various managers and personnel across different company departments during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Analyzing economics of project plans and provides actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Monitoring project progress continuously and makes detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Communicating proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Facilitating/managing project communications and stakeholder client and project team expectations.
- Reviewing proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Reviewing documents to develop and manage various contract vehicles associated with client and subcontractors, such as statements of work, work order authorizations, and change orders.
- Overseeing the acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, managers and others.
- Anticipating details of future projects by communicating directly with customers and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
- Being an escalation point for unresolved or complex risks and issues to address mitigation strategies.
Basic requirements for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 4+ years progressive Project Management experience, including management of major projects in the public sector arena.
- Experience with Software implementation projects in a client facing or professional services environment.
- Previous experience delivering enterprise and large-scale change
You will have:
- Extensive leadership experience and strong team and relationship building capabilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills from problem assessment to solution selection
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, with a drive and commitment to delivery
- Ability to make complex decisions and recommendations under limited direction and using high degree of initiative and independent judgment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools; including MS Project
- Proven success in delivering projects within budget and specified timeframes, while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Ability to identify alternatives and make contingency plans
- Capacity to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, changes in direction, and altering priorities
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Adhere to California’s Department of Technology Project Management Framework
- Responsible for completing tasks related to deliverables. These could include, but are not limited to, maintaining project work plans and schedule; conducting research, organizing and presenting findings, leading work sessions with clients and project team, and developing documentation using structured methodologies
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments
- PMP and/or CSM Certification
- Experience in electronic payments services and technology solutions.
- Agile experience
- Experience operating within the public sector
In order to protect our Fiserv community, Fiserv requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Fiserv complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.