Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Fiserv is seeking an Automation Engineer with a proven track record that can bring the passion, work ethic and expertise needed to implement software automation across a business unit. This role is focused on following the best practices and delivering best-in-class automation with repeatability and scalability. Must be able to provide high quality at a competitive velocity.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Applies expertise related to estimating, designing, developing, and executing automatic test procedures and cases based on requirements relevant to automated test planning and creation for product and system testing
• Depending on specific requirements, writes effective manual and automated test cases or automated frameworks; performs software defect tracking and regression for identified software release
• Develops automated regression test suite.
• Participates in regular testing activities across the product releases.
• Assists in planning, analyzing, designing, developing, and executing training relative to manual testing, automation/load testing tools and methodologies
• Analyzes and understands each product’s environment, architecture, and interdependencies to determine and apply appropriate test methodologies and cases relative to applications being tested
• Sets up test environments and builds out interdependent test beds
• Designs, develops, and executes reusable and maintainable automated scripts; plans and executes functional and system level testing of products across all platforms to test various features; applies expertise and understanding of issues that may arise around automated/load testing and assists in researching and providing solutions and to add, modify, or enhance previously recorded automated scripts.
• Design & execute Regression Test Pack using frontend & backend test scripts using CI/CD tools.
• Automate the Test Data Management using Automation tools
• Uses appropriate quality control tools to uncover defects and discover the state of the code; analyzes and records testing results and defects
• Assists developers in reproducing problems and getting them resolved; participates in design activity with other programmers on technical aspects relating to testing, including functional specifications, design parameters, feature enhancements, and alternative solutions
• Contributes to the creation of status, technical, and management reports as required
• Actively supports and provides guidance on the company's software engineering and test processes, procedures, standards and customer use cases
• Establishes and maintains thorough and accurate documentation of all work including status updates to summarize project highlights
• Provides test related technical direction and project management within a project/scrum team; provides guidance in methodology selection, project planning, the review of work products; may serve in a part time technical lead capacity to a limited number of junior test engineers, providing immediate direction and guidance
• Works closely with Technical Business Analyst, Software Engineers, Product Managers and other departments (operations, support and IT)
• Keeps technically abreast of trends and advancements within area of specialization, incorporating these improvements where applicable; attends technical conferences as appropriate
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Degree in CS, Engineering or other technical/analytical degree, preferred.
• 7+ years of related technical and business leadership experience with technical discipline
• 5-7+ years of management in leading large teams using various SDLC methodologies, i.e., Agile/Waterfall
• TOSCA Experience preferred.
• Demonstrated expert level on implementing test methodologies and tools (e.g Selenium, Junit, Java, JIRA, Quality Center) to write automatic test script and test cases for software products
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal) including the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong experience in financial services payments industry
• Strong experience in development of CI/CD or DevOps Testing Models
• Ability to contribute and direct at all levels of testing including unit, functional, automation, performance and scalability testing;
In order to protect our Fiserv community, Fiserv requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Fiserv complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.