Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
What does a Senior Software Engineer – Data and Analytics do?
As an experienced member of our Data Engineering Platform Group you will be responsible for building and taking ownership over the successful design and development of data engineering projects within Fiserv’s Enterprise Data Analytics division. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the data engineering lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. You will Lead large-scale data engineering, integration and warehousing projects, build custom integrations between cloud-based systems using APIs and write complex and efficient queries to transform raw data sources into easily accessible models by coding across several languages such as Java, Python, and SQL. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to Architect, build, and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to the team and Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines you create.
What you will need to have:
- 4+ years' experience with building java applications
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- Provide technical leadership in developing data solutions and building frameworks
- Hands-on experience with Springboot framework & Java
- Java experience with OOPS concepts, multithreading
- Hands on experience with leveraging CI/CD to rapidly build & test application code
- Conduct code reviews and strive for improvement in software engineering quality
- Review data architecture and develop detailed implementation design
- Hands-on experience in production rollout and infrastructure configuration
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering big data projects using Kafka, Spark
- Experience working on SQL Databases
- In depth knowledge of design principles and patterns
- Able to tune big data solutions to improve performance
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plans and Incentives & Bonuses
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Corporate Social Responsibility
Unique Suite of Solutions
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.