Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Success Profile Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Our developers are encouraged to be extremely creative. They’re thinking about design and user interface and decide how to create experiences that delight the customer when they log on.
Wade F, CIO, E-Payments
We’re looking for the most innovative people -- those who work with technology all the time, especially as a hobby. We want engineers that have built their own servers, used a raspberry pi kit, or have played LAN games. Because of our size and industry dominance, we have every opportunity that a developer would want. We are working with the newest versions of cutting edge technologies. Fiserv has so many opportunities. You can’t lose.
Will Casey, Manager, Application Support Engineering
Our associates may work purely as product developers working on multi-tenant platforms, maturing them over time by adding new features, getting rid of technical debt, and advancing technologies. This is the area where the most creativity and innovation takes place.
Eric Drudge, VP Technical Product Development
Fiserv Industry Awards & Recognition
Learn about the exciting kudos we receive for providing our customers with industry leading solutions, our associates with an outstanding culture, and the marketplace with a brand to envy.Learn More
Fiserv is a FORTUNE 500 company with a start-up feel. Learn about the benefits building products in a culture that values an entrepreneurial spirit and supports you with real resources.Watch Video
Benefits & Well-Being
Health / Medical / Vision
Standard for all associates
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Health and Wellness
Programs that help promote a positive work environment
Flex Time / Working Arrangements
Work from home full/part time, virtual opportunities & more
To encourage associate professional development
Recharge & Refuel
A time off policy that encourages you to maximize well-being
What does a great Senior Java Software Developer do?
Are you passionate about building leading solutions that have the potential to transform our industry? Do you have enthusiasm for learning new technologies and applying them to build new and improve existing products? If you’re the kind of person who works well in a client-focused team environment and enjoys being creative and innovative, then we would love to see you apply!
- You will be a member of an agile, multi-functional team producing commercial software.
- You will help drive the adoption of modern software practices such as test-driven development, pair programming, automated unit, integration, system and performance testing and continuous integration, delivery and deployment.
- You will oversee technical deliverables for invest and maintenance projects through the software development life cycle, including validating the completeness of estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation.
- You will work closely with stakeholders to design and document solutions that align with the business needs and also consistent with the architectural vision.
- You will mentor and train project team members (including Sourcing Partners) to enforce development guidelines and best practices.
- You will design, develop documents and analyze overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software requirements.
- You will design and develop full stack code for web applications and services.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that technical debt is identified and addressed as appropriate.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 8+ years’ experience in full-stack Java Development
- 5+ years of strong experience in core Java
- 3+ years’ experience developing and managing RESTful API applications using microservices.
- 2+ years’ experience working on an agile team
- Experience with OWASP and Securing web applications, Tomcat/WebLogic, MySQL, and/or MSSQL Server
- Advanced skills implementing API Service architectures (SOAP, REST) using any of the market leading API Management tools such as Apigee and frameworks such as Spring Boot for Microservices
- Expert knowledge of various data integration solutions and design patterns in a multi-user, multi-platform, multi-tier environment
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership to include taking ownership for initiatives, working effectively in a team environment, and working on an independent basis
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration::
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or meaningful work experience
- Experience developing software using JSF, Angular 4+ is preferred
- Experience in Pivotal platform (PCF and PAS), Redis, RabbitMQ and MongoDB is a plus
- Working experience on GIT/Bitbucket, SVN, Webpack, Maven, and Jenkins is a plus
- Strong technical experience with application performance tuning, and unit/integration/performance testing
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams in an agile environment.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and multiple projects at the same time in a dynamic environment.
- Strong professional verbal and written interpersonal skills
Who We Are:
Output Solutions at Fiserv delivers business-critical communications to financial institutions, health and property/casualty insurance providers, billers, retailers, travel and entertainment companies and advertising agencies nationwide. With solutions including transactional document production and delivery, card manufacturing and personalization and direct marketing services, we help our clients streamline operations to contain costs while building customer loyalty and generating incremental value.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.