You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great Sr. Technical Program Manager do?
The purpose of the Sr. Technical Program Manager role is to deliver program outcomes within time, cost, quality, and customer satisfaction parameters for various FTS key initiatives. This role will provide leadership of the planning and execution of the program(s), a vision, strategic planning and supporting tactical execution plans for a strategic, pan-Fiserv service or set of services. This program crosses multiple business areas and has a high degree of complexity, senior executive visibility, and high risk if not delivered on-time and with expected quality levels. This leader is expected to work under minimal supervision with oversight provided by the Program Delivery Director of the FTS PMO.
- Ensure predictable, consistent, and successful delivery of the program as defined in the program charter/scope
- Develop and Manage the complete view of the overall program to the organization and all stakeholders, at all levels, including executive management at the highest level
- Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in program planning activities, including but not limited to: Defining the overall scope of the program;
- Creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for program activities; Identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to ensure on-going control of the program (E.g., Program Approach, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.), ensuring proper turnover to Operations for all components
- Execute programs in alignment with governance as defined by FTS Leadership
- Ensure success criteria defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected program outcomes
- Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the program, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout program
- Proactively communicate the program’s progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout program lifecycle. Provide leadership and key stakeholders with the information and venues to make effective, timely decisions
- Assess challenges and commit to actions after identifying alternative methods that are based on logical assumptions and information. Escalate effectively and lead problem-solving when team is facing obstacles.
- Practically apply the concepts and principles behind Fiserv program management and project management frameworks, methodologies and processes. Leverage methods and practices to enable achievement of program outcomes, and hold individual project managers assigned to the program to these expectations.
- Provide leadership and (matrix) management of a small staff of project managers, program managers, and other roles as required for the initiative.
- Develop, maintain, and manage all program finances including Site business case, work with Technical Delivery leaders on spend commitment requests and approvals, actual spend, remaining budget, and all aspects of the financial plan.
- Develop, manage, maintain the program and project level client communications management plan, review and oversee the client changes required and the progress toward those changes, and ensure the complete, end-to-end testing and client signoff for test success prior to all go-live, cutover, migration, and other live Production activities.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor degree in business or equivalent field of study
- 10 years of previous program leadership and/or relevant consulting experience
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in program management framework, knowledge groups & life cycle
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with matrix management of cross-functional processes and teams
- Travel required is approximately 10%.
Preferred Skills, Experience and Education:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience in banking, financial services, and/or software industries
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.