Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
At Fiserv, the Software Development Engineer will be part of an agile development team, working on the BillMatrix Next billing and payment product within the Biller Solutions organization. The Software Development Engineer will contribute to the maintenance, enhancement and continuous improvement of the product, helping us build modern billing and payment applications with the latest technologies.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- At least 5-10 years’ experience as a Software Developer. Software development experience should include distributed server solutions with rigorous quality, scalability, robustness and reliability requirements.
- Four-year degree in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft .NET development using C#.
- Experience architecting, designing and developing enterprise grade software for high performing and scalable platforms.
- Experience mentoring junior level software engineers.
- History of leading architectural transformations and implementing new technologies and techniques into existing systems.
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques.
- Experience with agile development methodologies, specifically Scrum.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments.
- Strong communication skills, with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems and processes.
- Strong desire to work in a fast paced, highly collaborative, energetic environment with distributed teams is must.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Experience with user interface design and prototyping.
- Experience with database development, including relational database design.
- ASP.NET MVC – Razor
- SQL Server
- Visual Studio Team Services/Azure Dev Ops
- Mobile Web Application or Mobile Device frameworks.
About the Role:
Fiserv is looking for a Software Development Engineer to work with agile delivery teams in building modern billing and payment applications with the latest technologies. You will work in an open, agile environment where we value team collaboration and constant improvement primarily in the Microsoft family of tools.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.