Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a great Sr. Software Developer do?
The Sr. Software Developer will work in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirement gathering, application design, system development, testing and implementation. The Sr. Software Developer must be capable of producing high quality code, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role liaises with project managers, lead developers, business analysts, and may also include some client interaction.
• Develop code that meets design and architectural requirements and supports system testing
• Understand the impact of changes across the application
• Discuss aspects of the design with architects, team leads and business analysts to check understanding and raise concerns
• Enhance and maintain existing application software, continually providing support for internally developed applications
• Accurately communicate development status on a regular basis to team leads
• Assist the production support team in defect analysis
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education in a related discipline is desired; equivalent, relevant work experience may be substituted for degree
• Minimum of 5 years of professional software development experience in building enterprise software
• Minimum 5 years of high-quality software development in one or more of the following:
• Experience in a variety of image formats, compression algorithms, file formats, image manipulation techniques and check code lines
• Basic understanding of statistics as used in digital image processing
• Familiarity with check processing, particularly remote deposit capture, proof of deposit and image statements
• Product cycle experience – from inception to delivery
• Team player and great collaborator, also self-motivated and able to work independently
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exposure to Agile/Scrum software development methodology
• Financial Services industry experience
• Android, iOS, Java or .NET development skills
• Experience with Maven build tools and processes
• Experience with Jenkins to manage project integrations and deployments
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.