Senior webMethods Engineer
The Distributed Engineering team is responsible for end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to all customers. Working with Development, Product and other Infrastructure Services teams, the Engineer will deliver an infrastructure solution that is technically sound, resilient to failure, operationally supportable, and meets the requirements of the business.
Delivery of the infrastructure solution includes a variety of skills including infrastructure architecture, hands-on build-out and configuration of the infrastructure, as well some project management skills ensuring projects are delivered within scope and on-time. A high degree of collaboration with Development and other Infrastructure teams is required to provide the right level of agility within a defined delivery process.
You will have at least five years of experience working with Software AG webMethods products, will exhibit strong leadership skills, will be forward thinking, and will be able to work effectively in a diverse, highly talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- High School diploma along with relevant work experience
- 5+ years’ experience implementing and configuring Software AG webMethods products including my WebMethods, Integration Server, Universal Messaging, Command Central, and Deployer.
- 2+ experience upgrading and patching Software webMethods products using Command Central.
- 5+ years’ experience performance tuning, supporting, and troubleshooting an enterprise grade WebMethods 8.X or 9.X solution.
- 2+ years’ experience installing, patching, supporting, and troubleshooting Universal Messaging servers.
- 2+ years’ experience with WebMethods versions 9.5 or 9.7
- Ability to travel up to 5%
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience
- Experience designing, implementing and configuring CA Application Performance Management (APM)
- Experience with PowerShell
- Infrastructure/System Engineering experience on Microsoft (W2K8, W2K12), and/or RedHat Linux (4, 5) platforms utilizing SAN attached storage
- Experience with VMWare Virtual Machines
- Experience with Microsoft Cluster Server
- Experience working on a matrix team consisting of a variety of Infrastructure Engineering groups, as well as Development groups and Client Relationship groups
- Willingness and capability of quickly learning new technologies required for accomplishing project goals
- Willingness and ability to produce high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure.
- Strong communication skills with high level of professionalism, and ability to work with complex situations.
- Experience in the Financial Services industry
- Development experience (this is not a development position)
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More