Java Enterprise Architect, Principal
What does a great Java Enterprise Architect do?
- Evaluate new technology frameworks, tools, and infrastructure via POCs and technical research
- Apply best of breed technology to solve mission critical business problems
- Provide architectural leadership across core products within the business unit and beyond
- Serve as a mentor to other architects and developers in order promote the architecture profile and expand the organization’s knowledge organically
- Promote the vision of the Chief Technology Officer. Determine multiple paths forward presenting pros and cons and do what is necessary to knock down barriers and obstacles to the vision and strategy
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science / Engineering
- Apache Kafka – Candidate should have a minimum of 2 years of Apache Kafka experience and a proven track record of applying it to complex enterprise systems. This position requires a practical, hands on knowledge of the physical infrastructure, configurations as they pertain to topics and partitions, and high confidence relative to consumer design.
- Java Programming Skills – Candidate should have a mastery of the Java programming language and a proven track record of applying it to complex enterprise systems.
- RESTful Service Development – Candidate should have extensive experience designing, developing, and testing API via automation frameworks.
- Analytical Skills – Candidate should be able to quickly translate business requirements into multiple technical design options allowing stakeholders to weigh pros and cons.
- Communication Skills – Candidate must be able to convey their ideas to others via PowerPoint, Excel, etc. They must also be comfortable speaking in front of large teams, incorporating their ideas, and building consensus.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Object Store Experience – Experience working with object stores such as Mongo, Redis is a major plus.
- Spring Framework – Experience using the Spring framework and ecosystem is a major plus.
- Containerization – Experience utilizing Docker, Kubernetes, Pivotal, etc. is a major plus.
- Agile – It is preferred that the candidate have experience working in an agile environment. The ability to think incrementally and releasing software in an evolving manner is a very important skill.
- Experience in SDLC including associated deployment methodologies, QA processes, and performance tuning efforts.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience delivering enterprise customer facing solutions.
- 6+ years of indirect or direct technical leadership.
- Experience effectively managing multiple technology projects simultaneously.
- Capable of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment.
Travel required: 15%Percentage/frequency of travel
Who We Are:
Are you looking for an opportunity to leverage state of the art technology, evaluate new frameworks and infrastructure via POCs, lay down the foundation for a major business transformation initiative, and apply it to a mission critical business?
Find Your Forward at Fiserv, a Fortune™ 500 company, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. You’ll find a reciprocal environment that values collaboration and flexibility. Our rare combination of expertise and creative spirit helps us deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and businesses worldwide.
"Our people are the foundation upon which this recognition is based and I'm very proud of their commitment to client excellence. Their dedication to serving our clients each day is what makes Fiserv one of the most admired companies in the world." - Jeffery Yabuki, President and Chief Executive Officer
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Candidate Resource Center
Need answers to a question about our process? Curious to learn more about next steps once you apply? Selecting your next career is no small matter, so that’s why we are here for you every step of the way. Learn more about our application, selection and hiring process, and get the answers you need to FAQs about recruiting at Fiserv.Learn More