You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great Senior Technology Operations Analyst do at Fiserv?
- As a candidate for this position, you will require knowledge of backoffice systems and/or development which will be used to focus on production and non-production technology systems.
- You will also lead detection and troubleshooting of issues that affect delivery across multiple platforms; this includes having a solid understanding of shell scripting in Linux/Unix environments, Oracle database operations, and understanding of transaction processing within an HP Tandem environment.
- Your day-to-day responsibilities will include working in a fast-paced environment to develop support utilities and applications: for managing backoffice batch application systems in support of a payment switch; implementation of core processing configurations to surrounds interfacing with Tandem/HP Non-Stop; implementation of all code releases required to support the batch, transmission, and job scheduling application systems; addressing client/vendor/internal escalated requests for assistance; engaging with implementation, system administration, and/or development teams on taking over support responsibilities for efforts that should belong with AppOps; improving execution by scripting of repetitive tasks, and automate error/failure notification using Splunk.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Key senior level associate with hands-on Unix/Linux and troubleshooting to help resolve file processing and connectivity issues impacting file transmissions, backoffice scheduler batch jobs.
- SME capable of making sensitive/critical configuration changes to the FLEX backoffice settlement system, to facilitate normal transaction batch processing.
- Oncall participant available 24x7 on rotating basis to address Service Point escalated issues impacting FIs, batch transaction processing and reporting to acquirers, issuers, and to Card Services core processors.
- Handles ServicePoint requests for questions, escalated SEV or direct client issues, custom adhoc reports, change tasks, incidents, and more.
- Troubleshooting issues within production and non-production multi-tier environments.
- Address file transmission and job scheduling issues impacting timely delivery of content to financial institutions.
- Create application monitoring scripts and automate alerts to inform technical teams of problems.
- Focal point to the CPT/DT’s engaging on deliverables in progress: providing feedback, gathering information for research/validation, ensuring AppOps has all artifacts and information required to support production.
- Full participation in system maintenance events, standard windows, and escalation or assistance requests from other business units in support of One Fiserv.
- Assume Network coordination and triage during system maintenance and high priority severity (SEV) events.
- Recommend performance and infrastructure capacity improvements as well as enhancements to existing scripts and utilities in use.
- Review deployment artifacts to ensure completion prior to executing production installs.
- Participate in assigned projects representing the Debit Support organization, communicate status, issues and delivery risks.
- Work with Change Management/Release Managers on the evaluation of change events and in planning work items for production deployment.
- Participate in code and infrastructure patch installations
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- You must have an overall understanding of DevOps and fundamentals of multi-tier application support. You will lead the rotating on-call schedule, project participation, and business continuity support for the Card Services processing on Linux/Unix and Tandem systems.
- You will be measured on the quality of production changes, timeliness of incident resolution, skill and speed of triage, monitoring and interpretation of alerts, and successful completion of projects or assigned tasks.
- You must have great communication skills, as the role periodically interfaces with clients, vendors and business partners.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.