You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great Senior Network Automation Engineer do?
The Senior Network Automation Engineer is self-directed and highly autonomous, detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has significant experience of supporting large scale, enterprise class networks. Network Automation Engineers work hand-in-hand with Network Engineering, Network Operations and development teams to automate and invent new ways of operating our Enterprise Network. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential. In addition to providing top-tier management and support, Network Automation Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think pro-actively and with innovation.
- Designs, installs, and maintains the enterprise network to meet the functional objectives of the business.
- Designs, installs, and maintains the enterprise Voice services platforms to meet the functional objectives of the business.
- Researches, evaluates, and implements new advanced networking and voice technologies.
- Seeks new technologies that would be applicable to the FDC environment.
- Leads coordination efforts with both technical and non-technical peer groups to determine requirements.
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers possessing a wide range of technical knowledge.
- Responsibilities Automate select network operation tasks through creation and maintenance of tools.
- Be part of the team that shapes the Automation future in Network Operations
- Support the operation our next generation data-center networks.
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
- Drive and support innovation from the NIC to the core.
- Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
- Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
- Collaborate with level two and level-three resolvers Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues.
- Effective escalation of same to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Automate select network administration tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools Reduce the end-to-end cost of delivering packets.
- Mentor more junior staff in network automation, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 8+ yrs of related IT experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and appropriate certificates.
- Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Excellent Ethernet and IP networking knowledge and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
- Substantial background in large scale datacenter network implementations and support.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- Software development skills are required, specifically in Python with 2+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of major Internet routing protocols, BGP, OSPF, with at least 2+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures.
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.