You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great Computer Operator do?
The role of a Computer Operator within Fiserv’s Credit Union Solutions team you have the primary responsibility of monitoring client automated processing schedules, electronic file transmissions and system backups along with resolving or escalating issues in a timely manner while making sure system uptime obligations are met.
As a Computer Operator you can look forward to:
- Monitors automated nightly schedule for any problems (i.e., job aborts, hung jobs, etc.), and resolving when able or escalating when necessary.
- Monitors and logs all incoming and outgoing transmission files, along with researching, resolving and/or escalating any issues appropriately.
- Monitors and reports any system problems or equipment failures (high disks, hung systems, connection or network issues, etc.)
- Monitors, resolves and/or escalates facility functions, alerts and alarms (Guardian Alarm alerts, AC issues, UPS battery usage, generator test, walkabout, Netbotz, etc.)
- Monitors peripheral equipment and software for problems, resolving and/or escalating appropriately as needed (i.e. Momentum, Zabbix, Netbotz)
- Completes all required operating records such as shift turnover reports, problem logs, ticket requests, etc. Schedules special requests from clients to their nightly processing schedule as needed making sure to meet deadlines.
- Supports department project development, setup and implementation as requested.
- Performs special requests from our business partners as needed. (i.e. reboot systems, change backup tapes, etc.).
- Shift: Tuesday – Saturday 4pm – 12am
- Able and willing to work weekends, holidays and cover R&R for fellow associates
- Able and willing to work moderate overtime to cover peak period, along with potential last minute coverage of different shifts (i.e. days, midnights, split shift) with short notice in emergency situations.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 + years of professional work experience
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently.
- Able to multi task.
- Able to adapt to change in deadlines and changes in the nature of assignments.
- Capable of clear and direct communication with peers and management
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.