You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
Roles and Responsibilities:
INFRA background along with hands-on past experience with managing batch operations related activity (Mandatory Skill Required)
- The Batch Support Manager is responsible for understanding both the technical and business impact of operations along with all shift activity ( Functional and Technical).
- The Manager is responsible for managing the shift from allocation of duties, coordination among staff (with application or development teams), prioritization of tasks, and mentoring in ensuring an efficient shift. Awareness of critical SLA , OLA , Functional jobs, issues and situations including attendance (participate or drive) on Incident/Problem Bridge Calls, and the capability to assess escalation requirements are a must.
- The Manager is also responsible for making sure all management instructions are adhered to and complied with 100%, and serves as the Senior Management , Business and client focal point for respective business .
- In addition to aligning the team goals, the manager will successfully support batch processing for Fiserv Clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Manager is responsible for leading a team of Level 1 and Level 2 personnel who fully support batch processing for Fiserv Clients. The Manager will ensure measures are in place to prevent impacts to availability and ensure timely recovery and communication of impacts to Fiserv's Clients and internal Stakeholders. This includes:
A. Manages the shift to ensure the team is:
Taking corrective actions to recover failure situation where possibility of SLA miss is very high Escalating appropriately based on documented processes. Documenting all issues following standard ITIL Incident and Problem management processes. Following all defined processes, procedures and standards. Preforming UAT (user acceptance testing) for new or upgraded operational monitoring tools and batch related user interfaces. Should have good understanding of various IT Infrastructure component along with exposure to Database (preferably Oracle ). Understanding of Scheduling tools is mandatory . Assisting support teams in updating job documentation and job schedules as needed to support efficient batch processing. Preforming proactive analysis of the batch schedules to detect potential problems. When necessary take preventive actions.
B. Completing required administrative and educational tasks including: completing regular time tracking, required surveys, and training sessions.
C. Performs management delegate duties when required
D. Serve as technical focal point for Senior Management communication
E. Provide support and representation during management meetings, implementation and problem recovery calls.
F. Provides comprehensive executive summaries and business impacts to management
G. Manages all major business and application implementation activities with Minimal/no impact to Service Levels
H. Oversees day-to-day mentoring of junior staff including job training and coaching
I. Provides immediate escalation from junior colleagues prior to escalation to Senior Management
J. Provides technical analysis and review in support of Operational efficiencies and enhancements
K. Facilitates and develop new processes and content for departmental use
L. Performs root cause and/or trend analysis for problem management and defining preventive actions.
M. Works with application or development teams in recovery of complex technical problems
N. Supports initiatives to enhance tools functionality working with Tools Support and Engineering groups and ensure participation from colleagues
O. Provides quarterly status feedback of all reporting subordinates to management
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.