You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great Project Manager do?
The Project Manager is responsible for driving simple to complex, high priority projects or component phases of larger programs. They are accountable for delivering projects on time, within budget, and within scope. This individual will lead and coordinate cross-functional, cross-departmental and occasionally cross-company teams that are responsible for all aspects of a project, from initiation to closure.
The Project Manager exemplifies strong initiative and management skills.
1. Ensures project methodologies, project delivery processes, and implementation management processes are followed. This includes managing and driving:
a. Project Schedule
b. Risk and Issue Management
c. Scope Change Management
2. Manages the project budget. This includes understanding and validating estimates, cost variance tracking, and managing project resources effectively.
3. Provides clear and concise project communication; both written and verbal.
4. Facilitates/manages project communications and stakeholder, client and project team expectations
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, plus 5+ years progressive management experience, including management of major projects, in a large operating environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
• Proficient in Microsoft Project and or Microsoft Project Server
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Proven success in delivering projects within budget and specified timeframes, while ensuring customer satisfaction
• Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments
• PMP and/or CSM certification preferred.
• Meeting Management – Is able to effectively prepare, conduct, participate in and follow up on business meetings.
• Planning – Demonstrates the ability to identify project interdependencies and synergies; to identify alternatives; make contingency plans and develop action plans to implement successfully.
• Organizational Skills – Demonstrates the capacity to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, changes in direction, and altering priorities and to thrive in a fast paced dynamic environment.
• Critical Thinking – Is able to demonstrate critical thinking, providing options and recommendations relating to resolving issues, mitigating risks, and resolving escalated items.
• Collaboration Skills – I able to actively participate (listen and facilitate) group discussion to plan execution and or problem resolution.
• Problem Solving – Is able to quickly identify, analytically examine impact, plan and execute effective resolution strategies through resolution.
• Risk Management – Is knowledge of process, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling and organization’s exposure (assets, liabilities, reputation, non-compliance, etc.)
• Organizational Savvy & Politics – Is knowledge of and ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
• Budgeting – Is knowledge of specific policies and practices for planning and administration of budget.
• Coaching & Mentoring – Is able to encourage, motivate and guide individuals and teams in learning and improving effectiveness.
• Issue Management - Is able to understand the scope of identified issues, the priority, resources required to resolve, properly tracks and documents the issue and applies the correct level of follow up required to drive to completion
• Scope Management – Is able to take ownership to understand the full scope the project and become a custodian of any scope changes by applying critical thinking and negotiation skills.
• Leadership – Demonstrates the ability to influence others and drive effective change by taking control of difficult situations; providing clear, concise direction to team members and positively influencing others.
• Professionalism – Is able to conduct themselves with and treat others with dignity and respect regardless of circumstance.• Transparency – Willingly shares information, knowledge or expertise with others.
• Autonomy – Demonstrates the ability to work and function effectively with limited supervision.
• Availability – Commits to supporting business demands during regularly scheduled business hours and coordinates out of office time responsibly without negatively affecting project plans and objectives.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.