Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a great Software Development Engineer do?
- The Business Service Layer application support other issuer applications by serving as a middleware service layer where business logic is stored and returned to user interfaces. Keeping these applications up to date with compliance regulations is mandatory for Fiserv. This position is to support the initial build out, development and maintenance for this application.
- Be part of a great team and work in modern technologies and make a difference to the business.
- They will be developing changes to this application. Quality of code and thoroughness in delivery is constantly monitored and recognized across the team.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Skills for a senior Java Developer with 6+ years of experience in design, develop and maintain Java-based applications.
- Experience in developing mission-critical, high-performance, fault-tolerant applications with resiliency and security is a big plus.
- Java programming experience developing enterprise applications using either Spring or EJB technologies
- Hands-on experience in building Restful services
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Able to perform in a senior developer role and help other team members with any questions, provide guidance, peer code reviews etc.
- When production issues arise, attend and resolve with urgency and restore service
- Analytical skills to identify issues and determine the root case.
- Test Driven Development, and test first mentality
- JIRA or other agile issue tracking system
- Security implementation using JWT (security tokens) or oAuth
- IBM Liberty/Spring boot/Docker container technologies
- Cassandra or Oracle Database persistence, data modeling using RDBMS or NoSQL databases, hands-on experience with a JPA implementation (Hibernate or Spring data or Eclipse Link)
- Working experience in a Scrum/Agile environment
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.