You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great Technical Writer do?
As a Content Developer focused on technical writing, you can look forward to: producing high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products and business. You will join a team of talented technical writers who work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use. You’ll combine your writing skills with your passion for technology. Your responsibilities will largely revolve around developing release notes, installation guides, help files, quick reference guides, and mechanisms for their delivery. You will be required to explain complex information in a clear and concise manner and work with the product development team to ensure accuracy of product descriptions. We are seeking someone comfortable researching new technologies, learning how to use them, embedding demos into help, podcasts, and creating videos to deliver information to Fiserv banking clients.
You are the kind of person who will:
• Ability to comprehend technical specification documents and convert that information into client-facing deliverables such as release notes, help files, instructions, technical information, and frequently asked questions in collaboration with other associates.
• Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension; writes and proofreads easy-to-understand user interface text and online help.
• Analyzes existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
• Follows department and corporate standards for communicating to clients. Contacts and corresponds with clients as needed to resolve documentation questions or concerns.
• Adheres to the Microsoft Manual of Styles and Standards and department writing standards while working on multiple documentation projects.
• Researches and builds knowledge about Fiserv products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented.
• Creates and uses graphics and illustrations, diagrams, animations, charts videos, or podcasts to elaborate on and compliment technical writing deliverables in order to increase the users’ understanding.
• Collaborates with subject matter experts to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation needs.
• Ensures technical accuracy and writing quality, readability, and consistency across the documentation set.
• Supports a culture of continuous improvement, enriches, and extends documentation to continue to adapt and evolve with changing times.
• Estimates, tracks, plans, and prioritizes projects assigned; meets deadlines established by team.
• This person will lead by example, demonstrating both the Fiserv and Learning and Professional Services values:
• Accountable: Be true to your word and deliver what you commit to with high quality. Interact with others using above the line behaviors.
• Collaborative: Actively engage with others to help the team succeed. Actively listen as well as share ideas and workload respectfully.
• Innovative: Evaluate everything we do and create with an innovative mindset looking for ways to support our clients and improve our processes.
• Life-long learning / teaching: Always looking for new opportunities to learn and own your development plan. Consistently share what you know and have learned with others to build up the skill sets of the entire team.
• Outside-in thinker: Use the client’s perspective for making decisions putting their needs at the forefront of all your work while holding the rest of the team accountable to do the same.
• Positive and passionate: Maintain an infectious “Can Do” attitude that is fueled by a passion for our clients and our work
• See it, Own it, Do it: Maintain a solution-oriented perspective by providing options to resolve a problem when you encounter one. Take ownership of the issue and see to its resolution.
• 0-5 years of an equivalent combination of educational background, related experience and/or military experience
In order to protect our Fiserv community, Fiserv requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Fiserv complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.