Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Actively participate as a key member of the Agile Team, providing the necessary technical expertise and guidance to the team members, delivering best-in-class technical solutions • Maintain a flexible and proactive work environment to facilitate a quick response to changing project requirements and customer objectives and innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully.
• Communicate with project managers, clients, and other developers to design cohesive project strategies and ensure effective collaboration
• Contributor to sprint activities from story refinement to demos to retrospectives.
• Consults on production implementations and participates in technical validation
Contribute to the division’s software process improvement practices by writing great code • Develop customized solutions within the platform to support critical business functions and meet project objectives, client requirements, and company goals.
• Analyze, designs, program, debug, test and modify software enhancements and/or new products for the switch
• Identify and recommend changes in software applications and interfaces, processes and procedures
• Enhance test automation to ensure robust regression suite for applications.
Provide the necessary technical expertise to the Product Owner, Application Owner, and Program Manager to plan work (stories and tasks) • Lead the knowledge sharing sessions where team shares ideas and new features of the product.
• Analyze business and functional requirements to understand system and operational impacts
• Oversees story points, scoping of work to ensure the initiative is accurately planned based on available team members’ skill sets.
Acts as a technical resource for the applications within the assigned Card Services Application portfolio • Manage daily support and maintenance and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving mission requirements.
• Consult across business units to ensure easy adoptability of cross-functional features
• Participates in Product roadmap ideation sessions
Job Description • Work with business users, business analysts and team members to understand the business needs when involved in a project.
• Support offline/backoffice web based applications including Oracle databases the applications use.
• Design, develop, test application software, including prototypes, design document, based on business requirements.
• Evaluate, analyze new application software, including 3rd party software.
• Advise IT management about IT issues within the Company.
• Performs additional job duties as required.
Job Specific Responsibilities • Develop a broad understanding of financial service business through training, partnering with teammates and business analyst.
• Involve in life-cycle project delivery work that includes requirement analysis, designing, building, testing and deployment.
• Create relational data model using data modeling tool.
• Support business need by provide the data requested.
• Produce designing documentation.
Candidate Requirements • Strong problem solving, analytical skills
• Oracle/PLSQL database proficiency
• SQL tuning and performance experience with Oracle databases, including Exadata
• Knowledge of Oracle objects including tables, indexes, views, constraints, db links, jobs, snapshots
• Familiar with Test Driven Delivery and Test Automation
• Understanding of Data Modeling and Datawarehousing
• Familiar with UNIX / LINUX / Oracle Operating Systems
• Effective oral and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/information technology or equivalent work experience.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.