You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does a great SQL Analyst do at Fiserv?
The Global Security and Investigations (GSI) unit within Fiserv has overall responsibility for ensuring the safety and security of all Fiserv assets, employees, or operations in the U.S. and overseas! Key program areas that fall under GSI include Executive Travel & Protection, Investigation & Operations, Intelligence & Threat Analysis, Health & Safety, Personnel Screening & Compliance, and Physical Security. Fiserv's GSI unit is currently seeking a competent and qualified candidate who can assume the role of Security Engineer I. The incumbent will work with peers, internal stakeholders, senior management, to support the infrastructure of the access control system globally.
You’ll be maintaining the badge systems for 48,000 employees for all secure Fiserv locations. It’s a big job with a lot of moving parts. We are willing to teach the security piece of the job to a viable candidate who has strong SQL skills. You’ll update all the employee badges, consolidate our systems and maintain the system going forward. We need someone with SQL and network foundation to make this project a success.
As a Security Engineer, you can look forward to:
• Working flexible schedule to support 24x7 global triage and response priorities
• Server monitoring and maintenance
• Programing and maintaining physical security infrastructure
• Representing monitoring processes for audit settings
• Running down an incident from start to finish without higher level supervision
• Working closely with team leads (engineering, analytics, architecture, investigations, forensics, threat
intelligence, identity and access management, application security, for instance), and represent the
Security Operations Center independently and professionally in all engagements while accurately
prosecuting any technology security issue
• Managing multiple incidents at the same time amidst changing priorities
• Leading triage activity and present analysis findings in both oral and written communication
• Generating process improvement, and support and drive change
• Providing reports and metrics on workloads and performance
• Remaining abreast of security technology and trends
• Demonstrating a deep interest in learning new technology platforms for monitoring, triage, response and
Basic qualifications for consideration:
• Bachelor’s Degree or high school diploma/GED
• Minimum of 2 years of SQL server experience (production and DR environments) with at least 1 year of t-SQL
• Minimum of 3 years of information security experience
Minimum of 4 years total IT background
• Information Technology Security Operations Center environment experience (or equivalent) with
security engineering and monitoring experience (NOC or SOC)
• Expertise with physical security technologies, governance, audit compliance, SQL servers.
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
• Prior experience with SoftwareHouse products, specifically CCURE security systems a plus
• Proven working knowledge of industry monitoring, analysis, defense and detection tools and systems
• Experience in classifying risks, both internal and external to the organization based on confidentiality,
integrity and availability of information systems
• Strong critical thinking, both analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
• The ability to take lead on incident research when appropriate and be able to mentor junior specialists
• Proven experience with communication between clients, internal business units, and vendors
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.