Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
What does a great Quality Assurance Test Engineer do at Fiserv?
Fiserv is looking to fill critical testing roles that allow us to ensure the quality of the products, technical solutions and services developed for both internal and external use to provide core payment processing services to our customers. Candidates would be contributing at both an individual level as well as a team level to achieve the organization's objectives and goals around Software Quality Assurance. Exposure to projects for the leading payment-processing provider in Financial Technology space as well as experience working with existing and emerging technologies will provide candidates with career growth and core competency development. Opportunities in the current job families will exist, as well as horizontal career opportunities.
As a Quality Assurance Test Engineer you can look forward to:
• Being responsible for maintaining various test regions and applications, working side by side with our amazing Development and Business partners and testing applications, networks and systems.
• Using your extensive training, knowledge and experience as you lead and attend project meetings, develop and execute extensive test plans and take responsibility for ensuring the delivery of quality software applications. You will lead and participates in test planning and quality review sessions.
• Writing test cases/scripts, test plans and closure reports. Testing may include applications, networks and systems. Testing is functional, regression and end-to-end, formal projects and ad-hoc support.
• Participating in daily standup calls for discussion of testing status, defects and general management of the testing phase.
• Using your knowledge of application development technologies and automation tools and methodologies to enhance productivity and product offerings.
• Driving continuous improvement through all processes, including but not limited to: team standards, test planning, resourcing and test execution, as well as debugging, metric collection, and reporting.
• Having your opinions heard, your knowledge respected and continuously learning new tools and techniques.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• 5+ years in functional and automated testing
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or a related field (or foreign equivalent degree) or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications.
• Recent, hands on experience in distributed testing, performance activities. Agile and Scrum Methodology, writing test plans, test scripts, regressions, etc.
• 3+ years experience API testing
• Technical: 3+ years hands on in RESTful API testing, JIRA, JIRA Kanban, SQL, qTest
• Certified training and experience with Automation tools: TOSCA (primary), Selenium, JAVA, Automation Frameworks
• Regression review and analysis experience
• Must be able to work extended hours as needed to support testing and client needs.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Payment Processing for Financial Institutions. Specifically for debit cards, loans and/or credit card systems (new account boarding, plastics, letters, notifications, preferences, parameter controls, payments, sales, account updates, memos, rewards, fraud, statements, collections, authorizations, chargebacks/retrievals, merchants, settlement, etc.)
• Recent experience with SoapUI, Postman, ISO messages, Paragon, jMeter, Swagger, Shell scripting, Putty, Emulator, browsers, thick clients, SQL, TOAD
• Financial services with high-volume, large-scale processing and reporting
• Day to day working experience with international teams
• Certification testing with external entities including Credit Card Associations and
• Experience with Association/Network Certification, Extended Unit testing, Change Release testing and Functional Testing
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.