You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
The Senior Database Engineer provides database administration and system support for existing production database environments to include performance of the following related tasks: software installation, patch installation, upgrades, query writing, configuration, database creation, security, system monitoring and tuning, disaster recovery planning, implementation and backup and recovery.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead efforts to guide team to best practices for database usage, high availability and business continuity.
- Create and support databases across internal and end-user applications.
- Analyze existing database applications to migrate into or improve the functioning on the platform.
- Maintain databases, including all production, backup and development files.
- Administer database security across all database environments.
- Provide guidance to other database administrators to expand the role and capabilities of the database environment.
- Prepare periodic reports regarding unit’s activities and goal attainment.
- Maintain a state-of-the-art knowledge of existing best practices in database administration.
- Mentor/train lower level database administrators.
- Coordinate larger-sized projects through assignment of tasks and managing the workload of staff.
- Support application deployment and provisioning of database systems during business and non-operating hours
- Minimum 7 years of database related experience.
- Prior experience with the following is preferred:
- All successful candidates will have hands on professional experience as an Oracle Database Administrator. this expect candidates to be versed those specific technologies if not hands-on. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- 2 to 6 years of professional experience administering Oracle Databases
- Experience using Oracle Data Guard / Fast Start Failover
- Knowledge or experience with Oracle Multitenant (CDB/PDB)
- Knowledge or experience with Oracle GoldenGate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to work effectively across multiple business lines, external technology partners and fellow team members.
- Proven ability to manage projects.
- Excellent analytical and design skills at multiple product level.
- Excellent research, analysis, project planning and implementation skills.
- Aware of business issues as they impact overall project plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.