You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
The Lead Linux team is responsible for end-to-end delivery of infrastructure solutions to our customers. Working with Development, Product and other Engineering teams, the Senior Engineer will deliver an infrastructure solution that is technically sound, resilient to failure, operationally supportable, and meets the requirements of the business.
Delivery of the infrastructure solution requires a variety of skills including infrastructure architecture, hands-on build-out and configuration of the infrastructure, management of the application container, as well as project technical leadership skills ensuring projects are delivered within scope and on-time.
A high degree of collaboration with Development and other Infrastructure teams is required to provide right level of agility within a defined delivery process. The ideal candidate will leverage a consultative approach, exhibit strong leadership skills, will be forward thinking, and will be able to work effectively across a multitude of technical and non-technical groups in a diverse and talented team, continuously striving for excellence.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional project teams to design and implement highly available Linux Java-based infrastructures, and managing solutions utilizing Apache, WebLogic, JBoss, Coherence, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), WebSphere MQ, DB2 Connect.
- Collaborate across business and technical disciplines to develop Infrastructure / System Engineering Designs for internally hosted solutions.
- Implement solutions by writing automation processes to deploy Linux systems, application containers, and hosted applications.
- Be a primary infrastructure interface for business unit and operations teams throughout the project lifecycle.
- Technical leadership for project based assignments.
- Providing technical documentation to Project and Operations teams as part of project deliverables.
- Script development for repeatable processes (Perl, Python, Jython, Shell, etc.).
- Performs other duties as required.
Designing, implementing and managing solutions utilizing one or more of the following technologies:
- o Oracle/Linux (Red Hat 7 or greater)
- o JBoss
- o Oracle Fusion Middleware
- o WebLogic
- o Oracle RAC
- o WebSphere Portal
- o WebSphere MQ
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience OR a High School diploma and 5-7 years of professional work experience in a related role.
- Experience utilizing a consultative approach while interacting with customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements.
- Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with Linux , Solaris, and Java platforms running on Intel servers utilizing directly attached and SAN attached storage.
- Experience with automated system builds and configuration management tools including Red Hat Satellite Server, HP Server Automation, HP Operations Orchestration.
- Server sizing & capacity planning
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, NFS
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Ability to produce high quality operational documentation, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure.
- High organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines
- Familiarity with development models (RUP / Agile / etc.).
- Experience administering source control, build automation tools
- Infrastructure/System Engineering experience on UNIX/Linux platforms utilizing NAS and SAN attached storage.
- Oracle Exadata and PSG working knowledge a bonus.
- Experience in script development (Perl, Python, Jython, Shell, etc.) or willing to learn.
- Less than 10% per year
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.