You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
Content Designer Sr. Professional
The content designer is part of a user experience design team dedicated to developing profound experiences that provide solutions to problems, simplify financial experiences, and bring value to millions of people. We are driven by our shared desire to make moving money to anyone, anywhere, anytime an activity that is simple, useful, and accessible. Content is an essential and integral part of that experience.
What we like best about working here
• Strong Support. Our team is well-positioned within our organization, with strong support (and high expectations) from our senior management.
• Influence. We have a strong relationship with our business owners, which gives us the opportunity to influence the direction of our business.
• Collaboration. We work together in small cross-functional teams to achieve project goals.
About the job
During a project, the content designer works hand-in-hand with user-experience designers and business analysts to design an interaction, including all the content that supports it. This is not a position where a writer sits alone in a dusty corner waiting to “wordsmith” a few lines on a design spec; here, the content designer is expected to be proactive and a full partner throughout the design phase of a project.
The content designer supports the overall design effort by identifying the need for and defining:
• UI microcopy, such as button labels, page titles, accessibility content, and embedded user assistance
• Confirmation and error messages
• Onboarding and upsell messaging
• Transactional correspondence, such as emails and SMS (text) messages
The goal is to help the user complete the desired task by providing the most helpful information within the context of that task.
As a content designer, your work will include various combinations of the following activities:
• Under the general supervision of the content manager, design the content to support engaging user experiences and help users complete their tasks successfully.
• Contribute to or lead team efforts to improve the content design process, including the workflow, creation of artifacts, success metrics, and standards.
• Contribute to design artifacts as appropriate, including wireframes, flow diagrams, content inventories, and other items as needed to help downstream teams do their work successfully.
• Participate in or lead user research, including the analysis and implementation of findings.
Who are we looking for?
A viable candidate must:
• Demonstrate a strong grasp of the content development lifecycle, UX/IU standards, and front/backend content strategy
• Consistently conceptualizes and writes clear, concise product copy across a variety of user experiences in alignment with content strategy.
• Understand your users and be able to effectively explain how your content solutions meet their needs
• Collaborate with designers, product managers, and developers to define requirements and manage projects
• Partner with marketing to execute a consistent voice across our digital experiences
• Ensure all product copy meets legal and localization standards
• Assist Content Manager/Strategist in conducting discovery activities. i.e. analyze behavioral data, benchmark competitor and industry digital experiences, interview internal stakeholders, and provide input for and desired output from user testing and quantitative analysis
• Use data and user metrics to make recommendations and content improvements
• Possess strong organizational and management skills with the ability to meet interim deadlines.
• Document processes and produce written artifacts, as needed to support the scope of work (content briefs, action plans, audits, rationales etc.)
• Demonstrate ability to strategize, analyze, and solve problems through design thinking, and basic understanding of our products and digital landscape
• Demonstrate a desire to obtain extensive understanding of product functionality, interactions, architecture, & navigation.
• Be flexible enough to work as the only writer or as one of several within a design team to ensure copy works effectively within the layout and is communicating the right message to the user
• Show proactive leadership by planning, identifying risks, and putting measures in place to prevent issues before they happen.
The ideal candidate also has:
• Strong experience working in an Agile environment, and using tools like VersionOne.
• Experience with minimalism and writing for translation, localization, and reuse.
• Experience creating content to support users of online banking or e-commerce products, including users with disabilities.
• Have a degree (or equivalent professional experience) in content design, journalism, communication, or human-computer interaction (HCI)..
• Have at least 5 years of experience creating content for web-based applications or mobile products
Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global provider of information management and electronic commerce systems for the financial services industry, providing integrated technology and services that create value and results for our clients. Fiserv drives innovations that transform experiences for more than 14,500 clients worldwide.
In order to protect our Fiserv community, Fiserv requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Fiserv complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.