You deserve to do what you love, and love what you do – a career that works as hard for you as you do. At Fiserv, we are 44,000, #FISVProud innovators, delivering superior value for our clients through leading technology, targeted innovation and excellence in everything we do. You have choices – if you strive to be a part of a team driven to create with purpose, now is your chance to Find your Forward with Fiserv. Apply today to join a company named a FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies® for the eighth consecutive year.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate to Find Your Forward at Fiserv.
- Socially Conscious
- Results Driven
Medical, Vision and Dental Benefits
Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
Fuel Your Life Wellness Program
Resources to elevate your well-being
401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Employee Resource Groups
Celebrating inclusion in the workplace
Paid Time Away
Providing the time off to manage personal needs
Your Career and the Culture at Fiserv
We are #FISVProud!!
Associate Experience: Hear from Veterans of the Armed Services
What does an exceptional Technical Writer do?
The Technical Writer will produce exceptional technical documents including user manuals, message standards, technical specifications, quick references, knowledge articles, page-level help, forms, and other documents as assigned. You'll craft documentation that contributes to the success of our products and business. Documentation is a dynamic department—the contributions of all members are key to producing quality documentation and maintaining our high standards. You will apply your understanding of products and services to translate complex information into simple, polished, and engaging content. Seeking a candidate with excellent writing and verbal communication skills, experience writing business documentation, and demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
As a Technical Writer, you can look forward to:
- Producing exceptional documentation that enables clients to understand Fiserv’s products and efficiently complete their jobs with minimal service calls.
- Documenting focus of: User Guides, Quick References, Page Help (HTML)files, and Technical Specifications.
- Applying product-specific knowledge; using skills in graphic design, instructional design, writing, and editing.
- Managing all aspects of the documentation development and project lifecycles.
- Producing all documentation deliverables within project timeframes.
- Researching available technical documentation, write descriptive copy, and verify documentation content with related departments.
- Analyzing and translating technical and functional designs into user friendly client material.
- Reviewing requirements and functional design documents to determine product enhancements.
- Mastering the department selected style guides and department procedures.
- Maintaining and enhancing organization’s knowledge infrastructure.
- Identifying requirements, scope and estimation of work.
- Determining timeline and reporting progress to project sponsor. (Product Manager/Product Owner)
- Utilize online resources. (e.g., applications, databases, and test environments)
- Transforming complex, unorganized or unstructured data into usable information.
- Managing every aspect of the daily work associated with a project.
- Working as the documentation specialist on a development team using Agile development methodology.
- Conducting audience and task analyses.
- Creating final content for client-facing documentation.
- Outline proposed deliverables or indicate where existing deliverables will change.
- Conducting quality checks, including technical reviews by development teams and other SMEs.
- Coordinating formal approval process, including reviews by peer writers, product manager/owner, and Legal & Compliance.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization, with strong verbal and written communication.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor's degree required. Degree in Technical Communications, Professional Writing, English, or Journalism preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant technical writing experience in applicable field.
- Adheres to the Microsoft Manual of Styles and Standards and department writing standards.
- Experience with help development toolset to include desktop publishing, graphics, and word processing. (Word, FrameMaker, Visio, Excel, SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat)
- Experience with Madcap Flare software and HTML.
- Understanding of content analysis, modeling, design, and structured writing.
- Experience with screen capture and screen editing tools for importing into other sources. (Flare, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience creating technical documentation in SDLC and Agile environment.
- Proficient at writing content in U.S. English.
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Advanced degree in Technical Communications.
- Experience working with DITA and/or Adobe Suite.
- Experience writing user interface text and application screen content.
- Experience with Component Content Management Systems.
- Exposure to Card Services products in B2B professional service environments.
- Proficiency with SharePoint document repositories and Word templates.
- Related banking industry experience in platforms, banking applications, payments or online financial solutions.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.