Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Our developers are encouraged to be extremely creative. They’re thinking about design and user interface and decide how to create experiences that delight the customer when they log on.
Wade F, CIO, E-Payments
We’re looking for the most innovative people -- those who work with technology all the time, especially as a hobby. We want engineers that have built their own servers, used a raspberry pi kit, or have played LAN games. Because of our size and industry dominance, we have every opportunity that a developer would want. We are working with the newest versions of cutting edge technologies. Fiserv has so many opportunities. You can’t lose.
Will Casey, Manager, Application Support Engineering
Our associates may work purely as product developers working on multi-tenant platforms, maturing them over time by adding new features, getting rid of technical debt, and advancing technologies. This is the area where the most creativity and innovation takes place.
Eric Drudge, VP Technical Product Development
Health / Medical / Vision
Standard for all associates
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Health and Wellness
Programs that help promote a positive work environment
Flex Time / Working Arrangements
Work from home full/part time, virtual opportunities & more
To encourage associate professional development
Recharge & Refuel
A time off policy that encourages you to maximize well-being
Primary Location Only: San Antonio, TX
Find Your Forward at Fiserv, a Fortune™ 500 company, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. You’ll find a reciprocal environment that values collaboration and flexibility. Our rare combination of expertise and creative spirit helps us deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and businesses worldwide.
What does an exceptional Java Developer do?
We're looking for a Software Developer to help in building out core development of our products. This is an API, microservices, application development opportunity, with third-party service integrations and cloud infrastructure. As a Java Developer, you will be a part of small but growing team of talented people responsible for customizing and implementing a sophisticated enterprise banking software in a fast-paced result-oriented environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on the execution of the product, design and architectural roadmaps.
- Work with the product owner to provide technical insight and guidance into the product roadmap.
- Assist in establishing coding, software design approaches and standards and ensure the product teams are adhering to standard methodologies.
- Review process, components and dependencies with the architecture team to ensure alignment with technical strategy.
- Focus on eliminating any pressing technical impediments to the teams.
- Stay up to date with technology advancement and ensure our product technology stack is optimized for strategic growth.
- Provide inspiration and guidance to the growing team; champion a culture of openness, collaboration and innovation.
- Design and develop core extensions to an innovative web application framework.
- Be a standout colleague, who is passionate about development, and is anxious to learn from other high-level developers.
- Be a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in strong product setting.
- Able to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Work with multiple engineering teams, and multi-functional partners.
- Adhere to Agile Sprints, Delivery Framework, and SDLC best practices.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in CIS, MIS, EE, or other related degrees preferred. High School Diploma, in addition to 4+ years of Java Development experience is required.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience Software Development.
- 4+ years of Java Development.
- 1+ years of applying Spring components: Core, Boot, Data, MVC, Cloud.
- 2+ years of relational database design & modeling.
- 1+ year or exposure to administering & consuming AWS services or other cloud platforms.
- Experience designing and maintaining large-scale web applications.
- Solid grasp of software design patterns and principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication, with ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Master’s Degree or Cloud Technology certifications.
- Advanced understanding of the Java programming language and common APIs.
- Knowledge of the entire Spring platform including Boot and Cloud.
- Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservices-style and cloud based application architectures.
- Containerization experience with applications deployed on Docker or Kubernetes.
- Advanced knowledge of the AWS platform.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure support in mixed Linux and Windows environments,
- Related banking industry experience in platforms, banking applications, or online financial solutions.
Travel: Ability to travel up to 10%
Who we are:
Fiserv has been a trusted name in financial services technology for more than 35 years. We’re leading the digital transformation of financial services, helping financial institutions, billers and consumers move and manage money – securely, expertly and with ease – through our creative solutions and deep expertise.
For the sixth consecutive year, and the eighth time in the last 10 years, Fiserv has been named one of the FORTUNE Magazine "World’s Most Admired Companies®."
We’re looking for the best and the brightest to join our global team of experts, so if you’re seeking an environment where leadership, teamwork and innovation are valued, and career development is meaningful to you, you’re in the right place.
Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.