End User Support SpecialistJob ID R-10078474 Date posted 04/20/2017 City Salt Lake City State/Region Utah Country United States
Find Your Forward as a End User Support Specialist at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 member, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 22,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in financial services with deep expertise and a commitment to innovation. We support our team with a collaborative work environment that values leadership and new ideas. Members of our End User Support team thrive on this environment to build the solutions that power more than 13,000 banks and businesses worldwide.
In this role, you’ll help build the technology responsible for our core services. Your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s.
- As part of an Enterprise Technology Group, provide end user computing support and services, including company-standard hardware and software technologies.
- Technologies include PC, Mobility and telecommunications.
- Utilize system management tools and ITIL Service Delivery processes to deliver first class service and support.
- Duties may also include application support, participation in projects as needed and utilization of an Incident and Service Request Management system for logging, tracking, and communication of technical support issues.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Install, support and maintain end user devices including PC’s, Mobility, Telephones and audiovisual equipment.
- Install, support and maintain PC applications in a Windows 7/10 Active Directory environment.
- Software includes Operating Systems, MS Office, VPN, System Management tools and various business unit software titles.
- Monitors and administers LAN applications for the purpose of ensuring the secure and reliable operation of LANs.
- Maintain proper documentation, as required by the leadership of Corporate Systems, to properly track the status of all service calls, to assist the helpdesk in providing prompt response to users, and report on the progress of duties related to project participation.
- Support and participate in the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care and services provided.
- Provide project team membership and coordination as directed by the leadership of Corporate Systems.
- Performs other duties as required
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- MCSA, MCITP, HDI Certification, or A+ certifications preferred.
Job Related Experience:
- Two years’ experience in a technical support position providing end user computing support.
- Desktop/Telecom /Mobility skills and troubleshooting experience
- Windows 7/10 skills and troubleshooting experience
- System Deployment and Systems Management knowledge. Microsoft SCCM preferred.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, Domain Services (such as Print, DHCP, DNS) and network connectivity.
- Good verbal/written communications skills and strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and productively with associated computer systems, end-users and co-workers.
- Able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities.
- Able to work independently on systems and networks to install standard solutions and to resolve common anomalies, taking/applying technical direction and leadership skills.
- Also must be available to provide 24hour On-Call support as directed by the leadership of Corporate IT support.
- Continue professional development as required to keep up with today’s computer industry.
- Not required, though occasional opportunities may arise.
- Lifting (up to 40 lbs)
- Crouching (beneath desks)
- General office environment
Occasional data center work
About our Business:
Enterprise Technology Group (ETG) is a dynamic and critical part of the Fiserv organization. ETG architects, builds and operates the technology platforms and services used by Fiserv Business Units to deliver high quality solutions and services to the industry.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv.