Client Technical Support Representative, StaffJob ID R-10078742 Date posted 04/20/2017 City Salt Lake City State/Region Utah Country United States Additional Locations Corvallis, Oregon; Frisco, Texas; Irving, Texas; Moorpark, California; Troy, Michigan
Find Your Forward as a Client Technical Support Representative, Staff at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 member, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 22,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in financial services with deep expertise and a commitment to innovation. We support our team with a collaborative work environment that values leadership and new ideas. Members of our Client Technical Support team thrive on this environment to build the solutions that power more than 13,000 banks and businesses worldwide.
In this role, you’ll help build the technology responsible for our core services. Your work will influence the success of companies across the world. Members of our Technology team are experts in the field, working to evaluate and improve today’s systems while building tomorrow’s.
Technical support is the primary point of contact for our credit union clients. In this position, you will troubleshoot issues and guide clients through use of all aspects of the software, from teller transactions to regulatory reporting. Support forms a bridge of strong, working relationships between our clients and other departments within Fiserv. This dynamic, client-driven environment brings unique challenges and opportunities every day, letting us create innovative new solutions to the enrichment of the entire client base, as well as ensuring deep engagement for support representatives. Support has also long been a launching ground for growth and advancement within Fiserv for those with the skills, drive and desire to do so.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Define and/or resolve moderate to complex client problems with designated product line(s). First or second point of interaction through client contact channels. Simulate or recreate client problems to analyze and resolve user operating difficulties. Discuss problems or inquiries with other department personnel and offer technical assistance and insure proper handling and follow-up. Communicate customer suggestions for enhancements and insures proper handling and follow-up. Document problems and corrective procedures. Log incoming issues into a call tracking system. Provide assistance and support to other client service associates as needed. Required to participate in the on-call rotation and month-end rotation. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in business or equivalent field. Equivalent or experience may be substituted. Technical aptitude preferred. Knowledge in Ad-hoc report writing a plus, but not required.
Job Related Experience:
2 + years’ experience working with application support or within the financial services industry.
- Requires an overall understanding of the work environment and process, with working knowledge of the organization and intermediate level of technical skills necessary for completing assignments.
- Proficiency with computers and related office equipment is a must. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to work independently and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Sufficient knowledge of Fiserv products and systems and/or the financial services industry to provide advice or analysis that may influence associates and clients use and disposition of resources.
- Must be able to make routine decisions and solve general problems, and know when to refer more complex or far-reaching decisions to higher level Support staff.
- Knowledge of specialized or technical terminology related to assigned product lines preferred.
- Knowledge in Ad-hoc report writing a plus.
Thank you for considering employment with Fiserv.