Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Success Profile Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
Our developers are encouraged to be extremely creative. They’re thinking about design and user interface and decide how to create experiences that delight the customer when they log on.
Wade F, CIO, E-Payments
We’re looking for the most innovative people -- those who work with technology all the time, especially as a hobby. We want engineers that have built their own servers, used a raspberry pi kit, or have played LAN games. Because of our size and industry dominance, we have every opportunity that a developer would want. We are working with the newest versions of cutting edge technologies. Fiserv has so many opportunities. You can’t lose.
Will Casey, Manager, Application Support Engineering
Our associates may work purely as product developers working on multi-tenant platforms, maturing them over time by adding new features, getting rid of technical debt, and advancing technologies. This is the area where the most creativity and innovation takes place.
Eric Drudge, VP Technical Product Development
Fiserv Industry Awards & Recognition
Learn about the exciting kudos we receive for providing our customers with industry leading solutions, our associates with an outstanding culture, and the marketplace with a brand to envy.Learn More
Fiserv is a FORTUNE 500 company with a start-up feel. Learn about the benefits building products in a culture that values an entrepreneurial spirit and supports you with real resources.Watch Video
Benefits & Well-Being
Health / Medical / Vision
Standard for all associates
Onsite Gym/Fitness Center
When Fiserv performs well, so does your financial health
Health and Wellness
Programs that help promote a positive work environment
Flex Time / Working Arrangements
Work from home full/part time, virtual opportunities & more
To encourage associate professional development
Recharge & Refuel
A time off policy that encourages you to maximize well-being
What does a great Manager of Software Development?
- This position will have a direct impact on the evolution of the DNA product and the clients that leverage it to service their members and customers.
- Individuals with strong engineering and leadership skills will be positioned to succeed in this high-impact, high-energy environment. There are significant opportunities to drive process improvement, employee engagement and development, and client satisfaction.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Organizes teams of engineers, business analysts and project managers across multiple geographies, time zones and cultures to deliver high quality products and services.
- Collaborates with stakeholders routinely to share information about projects, teams and deliverables.
- Primary escalation point for critical events and problems. This position will be called upon to quickly organize a problem-solving team during and outside of normal business hours to respond to urgent issues.
- Perform routine risk management and governance function for global development team to ensure SDLC compliance including quality, efficiency and security standards are in place and being followed by all team members.
- Enforce culture of continuous improvement based on data driven inputs for quality, efficiency, talent-development and security.
- Create a bench of leaders that are contributing at a high level and growing so we can scale the organization and its capabilities when necessary.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- 5 years of experience leading global software engineering teams required
Occasional business related travel (likely not more than 35% on average) may be necessary, but will be largely self-directed. Frequent or extended travel to Portland, OR and/or Glastonbury, CT office may be required during initial training period, depending on candidate’s previous experience and familiarity with DNA core banking software.
Who We Are:
The Open Solutions division designs and develops software solutions for banks and credit unions that help them compete and achieve their goals. The software platforms are unique in the industry due the open architecture, extensibility and ease of integration. We focus primarily on innovation, supporting our clients, addressing regulatory requirements and providing opportunities for our associates to learn and grow.
Reports To: Vice President Software Development – DNA Intelligent UX
Peers: Manager, Software Engineering, Open Solutions
Direct Reports: Architects, Business Analysts, Engineers
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.