Our software engineers at Fiserv bring an open and creative mindset to a global team developing mobile applications, user interfaces and much more to deliver industry-leading financial services technologies to our clients. Our talented technology team members solve challenging problems quickly and with quality. We're seeking individuals who can create frameworks, leverage developer tools, and mentor and guide other members of the team. Collaboration is key and whether you are an expert in a legacy software system or are fluent in a variety of coding languages you're sure to find an opportunity as a software engineer that will challenge you to perform exceptionally and deliver excellence for our clients.
Every candidate has their strengths, and at Fiserv, we want to match you to a career that allows you to put your best foot forward. Do you have the competencies outlined below? If so, you might be an excellent candidate for a Software Engineer career at Fiserv.
- Team Player
First Data is contractually obligated to provide VisionPLUS Application Support for a premium client hence the need for this position of
Software Development Engineering - Professional Fiserv is responsible for VisionPLUS Application Incident Management and Production Support,
VisionPLUS Application Performance tuning to support volume growth, VisionPLUS Application Scheme Compliance and VisionPLUS Application Development work.
Design & Development:
• Designs and Develops complex computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on user defined requirements.
• Writes code, programs, tests, and analyzes new application software for complex changes
• Ensure that First Data’s development methodologies are documented and world class and standards are followed
• Independently drives projects satisfactory completion
• Conducts daily meetings with stakeholders and address concerns appropriately
• Provide estimates for change requests
• Create and submit dashboards/reports as required
• Work with business to derive the business requirements and prepare FSD for the assigned functionality.
• Complete the Build (Coding and Unit Testing) for the assigned Project or Change Request as per design suggested to Bank and perform the SIT and UAT movement for the same.
• Perform the SIT support, UAT support and Implementation support for the assigned project.
• May lead a small technical team to design and develop releases/projects and is responsible for delivery to time, budget & quality
• Able to manage a team of vendor resources and ensure optimal utilization
• Mentors and trains junior resources and provides quality reviews and guidance
• Should have a strong techno-functional knowledge of Vision PLUS cards (Major in any of two subsystem – FAS, TRAM, CMS subsystem)
• Associate with TRAMS/FAS as major must have worked on scheme compliance.
• Must have strong Mainframe technical skills (CICS/COBOL/JCL).
• Must have strong understanding to CA tools – Control-M,CA-VIEW, CA-SYSV.
• Strong experience in Mainframe environment, must be adept in TSO, ISPF, COBOL, JCL, VSAM, Endevor, Easytrieve
• Familiarity SNA, Frame relay and TCP/IP is desirable
• Knowledge of file transmission tools FTP, Connect Direct and CyberFusion is plus
• Work on batch as well as online programs.
• Strong analytical skill and problem solving skill, very good in review.
• Follow standards and controls to ensure quality of outcome
• Develop technical documents for the application
• Perform application support as necessary.
• Understanding of tool like remedy and ITSM.
• Strong communication skills
In order to protect our Fiserv community, Fiserv requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. Fiserv complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Join Our Talent Network
Want more than just an alert about a new job? Join our talent community and stay informed about Fiserv career news, events and new opportunities.